Zimmerman trial....

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by WildmanWilson, Jun 30, 2013.

1. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Haven't seen this discussed. Anyone watching it? I'm hooked on it. It looks like Zimmerman was right to defend himself in my view. Looks like the Martin kid came back to start the fight and Zimmerman had to defend himself. The prosecutions main witness was terrible for them. Looks like the evidence should clear Zimmerman but you never know what the jury will do. All women on the jury so that really puts a lot of emotional aspects to it.

2. rackhanger

rackhanger 6 pointer

Jul 5, 2012
    N east,
    My opinion thus far is that this is nothing more than a witch hunt!

3. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I personally think the only reason he was even put in trial was to appease those that claimed this was a race related killing. Now that it has gone to trial, everyone is getting to see the ugly truth. That the only racism perpetuated was in the part of Trayvon Martin. It seems pretty clear from what I've seen and read that Zimmerman had total justification in shooting the thug! No doubt though, just like the Rodney King trial, they will riot and burn things just to prove that us white "crackers" are racist and "nigga's"(their word, not mine!) are oppressed...

4. Pointpuller

Pointpuller 8 pointer

Feb 15, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    I think the only reason charges were brought is due to the pressure from the media, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Zimmerman was not arrested or charged until the circus started. Hopefully he will be cleared based on the evidence presented. If Race wasnt involved I dont believe any charges would have been filed.

5. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    Lots of sketchy circumstantial evidence. I'm not sure that it was a justified shooting, but the jury can't be unsure and deliver a guilty verdict. If the prosecution's star witness is a measure of their case against Zimmerman, I'm not sure how it got past a grand jury.

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Havent been following it much but just a couple of days of it.Alot of things said are all over the place.But the one thing that did stick was what the lady of the neighborhood watch had to say about the rules of the watch group.Watch Spot Call 911 report and don't pursue the people wait for Cops to come and no guns.I think that right there will get Zimmerman guilty of man slaughter but not murder.

7. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Did the girl repeat the "white cracker" statement or not? I'm not watching it, by the way, but heard one commentator distinctly say "creepy white man" instead of cracker.

I'll depend on you guys to keep me informed...I can't stand TV cameras in the courtroom.

8. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I could care less. As far as I'm concerned, the whole thing is a result of 2 degenerates having a chance meeting. Whatever the result of the trial is will only serve as justification for idiots of the same camps to act like fools.

9. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Even if Zimmerman was following he didn't break a law. The 911 operator is not the law. They will tell them to not follow because of liability. I can legally follow anyone I want unless there is some former restraining order. Zimmerman was trying to see what the suspect was up to and where he was going. According to him we was told to not follow and he was looking for a street address when Martin confronted him. Either way Zimmerman didn't break any laws what so ever if he followed or not.

10. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Yes she repeated it several times and when asked she said that cracker wasn't a racist term in her opinion. She said that Martin used the term "creepy a$$ cracker".

11. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    I think the term cracker should be referred to as the "C" word, henceforth.:eek-new:

12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Like I said I don't follow it just wasn't anything else on at the time.I don't care which way the verdict goes.
    But ill ask you this why are rules of the neighborhood watch put in place?
    What would you do if someone you didn't know was following you home?

13. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    Agree 100% strictly racial.

14. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    When I saw there were 5 women on the jury, I figured he's toast.

15. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    AGREE I said the same thing, but who gets to pick the jury? Both lawyers do.Defence has last say on serves on it.