Youth guns

turkey

10 pointer
Sep 16, 2008
Any one have any pro's or cons with buying a youth shotgun for female or advice you would lik to share...I am looking at buying a smaller framed/size gun for about a 120lb female...this will be a life long gun for her...don't think a pump is my best way to go...seems like she could handle it but a semi auto seems to be better for dove, duck, turkey, small game, etc...thinking of going with m2000 have to go see the size of them first...

labwild

8 pointer
Jan 29, 2006
Mercer Co., Ky.
Remington and Beretta both make shotguns with youth or reduced length stocks. Cabelas has after market stocks for various brands of shotguns that are youth or reduced length. A gunsmith can alter a full sized stock to a custom fit. If you are near a Club that shoots clay games (Trap, Skeet, sporting) there should be knowledgeable shooters that can stear you to a good gunsmith and someone may have a reduced length shotgun you could try.

stalkingbear

6 pointer
Nov 21, 2007
Marion Co
I would recommend you choose the gun make/model you want 1st, then check to see if they make a youth/women's model 2nd. It's very easy to cut the stock down to fit exactly whom you want and replace the recoil pad.

Latest posts