Youth Bow Recommendation - Lefty?

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by mcdenney, Jul 18, 2011.

1. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    I have read through the recommendations in the other post but my 7yr old is wanting to move from a toy bow to something that will allow her to practice with dad. She is 7yrs old and would be considered big for her age. Most of the models I have looked at are for right handers only, but she is a lefty. Therefore, we feel limited on options. Any recommendations for a lefty? I had originally thought about the Genesis as she would perfer a pink bow.;)

2. rys40

rys40 8 pointer

Nov 29, 2006
    Lawrenceburg, KY
    It's hard to beat the Genesis, and if she shoots NASP later, she can use her own bow.

3. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    Thanks, talked to a few other folks and they all said the same. Now, I just need to find a pink lefty, lol. Thanks to all!

4. turkeyman2000

turkeyman2000 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2005
    Paris, Kentucky
    Bring her on out here mcdenney!!! She can shoot with us!! I would agree with rys40. Matthews Genesis is the way to go. It will fit her for years to come too. I'm pretty sure they make a pink one. Here's what I found: http://nasparchery.com/morgans_story/

Check that out.

5. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    Thanks man. Be waiting on a certain retailer here in town to call me back with a price since they did not have one in stock - running out of patience on at least getting a call back...... However, I hate to buy it somewhere else then ask them to set it up for her.

Turkeyman - she said she would come out and help us look for our arrows, lol.

6. turkeyman2000

turkeyman2000 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2005
    Paris, Kentucky
    Yeah....you sure do need an arrow finder!!! :cool:

7. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    I should of put ramrod finder in your case! In the words of Homer Simpson - D'oh!..... :rolleyes: