You Won't Find These in Stores Today,......

Discussion in 'D.I.Y.' started by aaronc, May 27, 2020.

1. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    ,...What you boys think about'em ??

I do some metal detecting on occasion,..or at least I have. One of my few go-to spots is an old 1930's homestead in the middle of no-where KY. You gotta walk to get there,...and that's just the way I like it. I've never found any grand silver coinage there,...but a few cool artifacts such as a 1930's tax token. It had the old asphalt/shingle style siding on it...anyway it pretty much gave up the ghost this winter so I salvaged a few things. Not sure what I'm gonna do with any of it,......but these hinges are some of my favorites. They are still stout as all get out !!!! and work!!! I finally got around to getting them off the wood a few weeks ago,...and check out the stamp .....you won't find this at a big box store now :( ........a crying shame.

Like I said,..they are 1930's,....so that's prewar,..automatically makes them cool as all get out. If ya don't know that ya don't know nuttin ;)

Attached Files:

Dark Cloud, Drahts and barney like this.
  2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Nice find

aaronc likes this.
  3. chadwimc

chadwimc 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Those are old and cool. But there are commercial and industrial style hinges like that still being made. We used to call 'em "penitentiary grade". 'Cuz the users couldn't hardly break them.

4. LoneArrow

LoneArrow 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2016
    Scott County
    Double acting spring hinges.