You think Little Gubenor Andy will do this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JR in KY, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Journette

Journette 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2016
    Caldwell County
    Some truth seeking Republicans with a conscious know the truth and mr. Perrymax , you can t prove any thing you say . You are a danger to Democracy .

2. Journette

Journette 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2016
    Caldwell County
    Where you been, Republicans are not paying you now as they did in the past to post Bullshit on here ?

3. This. Right. Here. I touted the Republican supermajority in both chambers of our newly elected state legislature last November and how come January when the 2021 legislative session met they were gonna neuter the cock$&@%# and @chadwimc laughed his AO in response and I assured him they would.... fast forward 4 months later and the mask mandate is still in effect lol while Tennessee is WFO. He was right and I was laughably WRONG. I admit it sir. The wimps cry publicly and blame it on a state judge’s ruling lmao. Our AG is a puss and so is our legislature, who are made up of a bunch of women lol. God help us all.

Munson, JR in KY, Carl and 2 others like this.
  4. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Earth
    America needs a new party. I wish Trump would take his 70+ million voters and start it. But then, people like McConnell would change the rules so the new party could not participate. I can't see this climate ending well for normal working people...

Munson, TripleGee, Carl and 2 others like this.
  5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Biden said yesterday if you make under $400,000 you are not going to pay a penny in taxes. I think the senile old bastard meant, you would not pay and new or additional taxes.

barney likes this.
  6. perrymax

perrymax 10 pointer

Jun 6, 2002
    Bullitt Co, Ky.
  7. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    Here we go with the mass blame approach................ I've touched on this before so I'll keep it short and sweet......... I'm an educator and have been for 21+ years. I did not vote for AB, I pray, say the pledge, shoot guns on the weekend, eat tons of red meat and wash it down with good KY bourbon. I'd say you and I are on the same page more than you think (despite my career choice) Mr. Perry. Did a lot of teachers vote for AB?? Yessir, I believe they did. That said, there were a lot of us that did not.

I understand your frustration, but a couple bad apples don't ruin the bushel. That mindset gets us in trouble.........
    All teachers.................
    All union workers................
    All laborers.................
    All police officers...............
    All republicans..............
    All democrats........................
    All blacks...............
    All whites.........................
    All hispanics...............

You could fill in the blank for any group and alienate a lot of good folks.
    Love thy neighbor; keep the government small.

8. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Earth
    I blame the teachers and KEA for the current governor. Specifically, the pension mess.

9. perrymax

perrymax 10 pointer

Jun 6, 2002
    Bullitt Co, Ky.
    There are a bunch of teachers who are patriots . No doubt about that.
    But teachers messaging and attention got king andy elected, or close enough to steal the election. That is not arguable . I have 2 cousins who are teachers who were convinced that Gov Bevin was taking away their pensions. They did everything they could for king andy. He totally used these people and took advantage of their ignorance

drakeshooter likes this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Good point....but let’s not forget that teachers and their “organizations” 100% pushed Buttsmear into orifice. Facts are facts.

Nock and drakeshooter like this.
  11. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    I don't disagree with you, but again, the lump sum approach just doesn't work for me personally. When I drilled down and studied where my union dues were going (very early on in my career) and how they were being utilized, I ended my relationship the next year by not re-upping. Unfortunately, most do not dig in to that extent and feel safe by being a part of "the bigger picture" or that there is "strength in numbers". After a few years, they sign the dotted line and don't notice the dues being withheld. The union didn't represent me nor my interests so I decided to keep my money. I know lots of teachers that don't keep up with the union other than paying in. Most of that has to do the litigious nature of the society and the public school system and the need to feel protected from lawsuits. When that strike nonsense was going on, I did not have one teacher on my staff refuse to come in. Every teacher, every day because that's what our kids needed. Being on the "inside" and seeing what went on in my building gave me a different perspective.....one that doesn't fully align with yours. Not saying yours is "wrong", just not the narrative that I witnessed firsthand. Knowing what I know and having seen what I saw, I can't jump on board with "all teachers did this/that". In fact, several were actually emabarassed by the ongoings at the capitol.

I know a lot of the teachers were in the same boat and had the same mindset as your cousins (protect what is yours, hands off my pension) and I can understand that. It's unfortunate and I don't refute anything you've shared but I also don't agree with you 100%. Again, I can't speak on behalf of your cousins or other teachers across the state, but if you thanked me for the election of Andy B., you'd be barking up the wrong tree. I just can't see where placing blame like that really accomplishes anything.

Watching the media continue to divide our country is bothersome and I feel like the "blanket statement approach" is one of their tried and trusted methods. Just stinks to feel like you and I are on the same team but could easily be divided with something as simple as a misguided statement. "All teachers this" or "All teachers that".......

Are there police officers that have abused the badge? Yes, but I don't judge the lot based on the actions of a few.
    Were there teachers dressed in red, screaming at MB? Yes, but I was at work taking care of my staff and students and our day to day ongoings.

I appreciate your frustration (both of you) and am standing right there with you. I just refuse to be a scapegoat (based on my profession alone) because the election didn't turn out the way you (and I) wanted it to. Blame whoever you want/need to blame.....just know that your lump sum approach may alienate a few good people along the way.

I've enjoyed this back and forth. Good to know that people can debate and talk things through without namecalling and slinging mud! Also, so much for keeping it short and sweet :D

rabbit dawg, barney, xbokilla and 2 others like this.
  12. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    Good to know.

13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I blame people for laying on their lazy butts and not going to the polls. Voter turnout in liberal places like Lexington was poor so rural Ky must have been awful. I live in the biggest neighborhood population wise in Lexington and walked straight in to the table. Pitiful. Plus, legit or not, Andy won by 5K votes in an election where neither candidate was popular where a 3rd party got 28000 votes...in Ky of all places!? Like teachers, hate teachers, blame teachers, hate Andy, hate Bevin...whatever the case, Ky as a state should be embarrassed about the last election. You guys know, I’m in education. I live in Lex and work in liberal Frankfort and I didn’t think there was no way Breshear would win. It is what it is. We’ve beat to death and buried that dead horse already.

Munson, bondhu, rabbit dawg and 3 others like this.
  14. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Andy couldn't have beat anyone but a Total Jerk....and he did just that.

rabbit dawg, barney and drakeshooter like this.
  15. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    Solid post on all points.