You have got to be kidding!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Brit's and Birds, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    Now owning a gun in Hawaii gets you automatically put on a FBI criminal database, whether you have every committed a crime in your life or not. They are attempting to demonize law abiding gun owners. Have a feeling we will see laws like this spread to other states as democrats and the MSM continue to push an unconstitutional agenda since they obviously know what is best for the populace.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ha...-owners-on-fbi-database/ar-AAhBtsP?li=BBnb7Kz

2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    No due process, no judge, no jury, no 4th or 5th amendment...just because they say so. It's great not to have that evil Constitution. Tyranny grows until we stop it...Congress ain't gonna do jack about it. They're part of it.

3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

How come I keep seeing the statement in threads past....States Rights...yet when a state goes against what some don't want to see they are the first to cry ?

4. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    I'm all for states rights until they violate the bill of rights...

aceoky likes this.
  5. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

No violation of the 2nd there ... They still have the ability to "keep and bear" and there was "due process" through the legislative process.
    I don't like it either, particularly, but then again, I'm not Hawaiian.

6. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    If you think that putting a restriction/requirement in a statute automatically satisfies due process, you don't understand that term.

aceoky likes this.
  7. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Then let the Hawaiians take it to their Supreme Court for adjudication.

Somehow I doubt the Hawaiians are as upset about this as some Kentuckians seem to be.

8. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    This is what some of us are trying to drive through some thick skulls. Anyone can be put on a list by a current administration for what ever reason they see fit. If we allow this power to the government then we are finished. Sure it may look good as long as it's a list you like at the moment. The problem is the list is subject to change with the shift of the political winds.

This list in Hawaii will go on to be used for confiscation. That's the only reason to have the list. No gun list can stop a crime. It just makes many former law abiding citizens outlaws once a certain gun is made illegal if they don't turn it in.

The left is throwing everything against the wall in the hopes some of it sticks. They don't care if it's legal or not. They put their hopes in the fact that the courts are becoming more liberal and the public will be worn down and give in. That's why we don't give an inch on any of these moronic ideas they ant us to "comprise" on. Hold on tight....the rides going to get bumpy.

Manhattan, Capttrae and aceoky like this.
  9. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    That's simply false, and you clearly either do not understand what "Due process" means, or you're choosing to ignore it. A legislature cannot satisfy the due process clause by passing a law.

aceoky likes this.
  10. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I thought it was illegal for the federal gov't to keep any sort of list of gun owner? Like it was put into place to be a preemptive strike against any sort of registration.

11. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Umm, due process is an individual right.

Also, you may not be Hawaiian, but I'm pretty sure you're a democratic liberal--just like the ones who passed it.

12. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Seems like more like the NRA would be up in arms over the Illinois firearm ownership card. Than being put on a list if you are charged with a serious crime. What I read into this is. Stay out of trouble and you will have no issues.

The law, which takes effect immediately, allows police in Hawaii to evaluate whether a firearm owner should continue to possess a gun after being arrested.

"It just means local police will be notified," Espero said in a phone interview.

Ige's office said he also signed into law two other firearms bills. One makes convictions for stalking and sexual assault among the criminal offenses disqualifying a person from gun ownership. The other requires firearm owners to surrender their weapons if diagnosed with a mental, behavioral or emotional disorder.

Maybe we have some members here with a mental, behavioral or emotional issues that plan to relocate to Hawaii, you just never know these days what shaking the bush may turn up.

13. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    I suspect very strongly, that somewhere deep within the belly of our government, there are already lists of who owns forearms.

14. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    It's clear you don't get it and I doubt you ever will.

But this post reminds me of the saying attributed to Mark Twain, "it's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

aceoky likes this.
  15. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    So you're ok with the police, with no judge, and no opportunity for a trial to face your accusers, be allowed to subjectively decided on their own who can and cannot own a firearm? That type of law is exactly what the Gestapo practiced, and if you support it, I guess you would have supported them too.

Do you even understand the due process clause?

EC and aceoky like this.