Yes or No on Gun Carry Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cornpile, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Unless there’s a technicality that I don’t understand...

Kentucky Revised Statutes Annotated section 65.870(1) provides:

No existing or future city, county, urban-county government, charter county, consolidated local government, unified local government, special district, local or regional public or quasi-public agency, board, commission, department, public corporation, or any person acting under the authority of any of these organizations may occupy any part of the field of regulation of the manufacture, sale, purchase, taxation, transfer, ownership, possession, carrying, storage, or transportation of firearms, ammunition, components of firearms, components of ammunition, firearms accessories, or combination thereof.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/local-authority-to-regulate-firearms-in-kentucky/

EdLongshanks and drakeshooter like this.
  2. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

I dunno,...trust me I'm rooting for the position you posted. Just what he texted me today. Whether its right or not I'm sure a BG Policeman did tell him that. Maybe others will chime in later...but I'm all for the above info being correct.

rlb165 likes this.
  3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I had to laugh at our next door neighbor the State Rep ( a R BTW ) article in the local paper today. She is all for this deal yet she said people need to be trained in use of a deadly weapon. She sat with the wife and myself about a year ago at breakfast in Mc D's and told us about buying her first gun at Uncle Lee's. Said it is at the house in the box I have not even taken it out and I have never fired a gun in my life.. :rolleyes: Guess she needs to get in line for a class or two.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Don't know if KY has a similar statute.
    "In some states, local law cannot duplicate state law and some subjects are completely prohibited from being covered by local ordinance. For example, in Maryland, cities, towns and counties are expressly prohibited from passing gun control laws or other local ordinances dealing with the possession, carrying, and ownership of firearms or ammunition, and state laws on the subject are exclusively controlling."

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    From what I understand cities and towns can establish local ordinances as long as they don't violate the states constitution.. Is this new carry law in the states constitution now?

6. Hillfarm

Hillfarm 6 pointer

Jan 24, 2019
    N. KY
    I don't need their laws, to give me what my creator has endowed me with, but I vote yes, all should be allowed to carry.

SmokeShow and ojibwa62 like this.
  7. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    Add 71 through Jefferson, Oldham, and Henry Counties. Pothole city.
    Until they figure out a way to stop water infiltration asphalt is worthless for major interstates. They put down two new inches over all the road and it's crumbling in two years.
    Concrete, while way more expensive will last for 20 years or longer if put down on a stable base.

8. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    And that dumb crap will keep happening till the state prosecutes some local officials.

9. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Yep. You can see it coming up in layers. This winter was rough on them. 65 same way when you hit Tennessee.

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

They need to go north and look at the roads in Manitoba. I swear they have gravel roads smoother then the interstates in a lot of states. I have ran down several of them at 70+ MPH and felt safe.

11. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    In some towns it is unlawful to discharge an air rifle. How can this be?

12. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    Why has Bevin not signed this law?? It has been on his desk for several days. I hope a libtard hasn't got to him, under the table.

drakeshooter likes this.
  13. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    AOC maybe? That's how she graduated from Boston University apparently. The 'old ways' still work...

Carl and ojibwa62 like this.
  14. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    LoL I see what you did there..

15. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    :D:D Good comeback:)