Yes or No on Gun Carry Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cornpile, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    FYI---There is a complete state wide list of house and senate members
    who voted yes or no on WKYT news online.
    Permitless Concealed Carry Bill

Hillfarm and ojibwa62 like this.
  2. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    My vote if I had one is always was and always will be yes, even our founders said a free man should be armed at all times , and none of their original writings said a thing about getting the governments permission via a permit.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    FOWLER2671, Hillfarm, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I can see good and bad. All it takes is one hot head with a concealed weapon to cause a major problem. I for one don't want to go back to the wild wild west days. On the plus side not knowing if someone is packing or not may cause some to stop and think before taking action they may regret. Like I said when I took the class there was a couple (3) there that for sure didn't need to be packing for any reason. Those are the type one needs to worry about. Not just the book work but range work also they were bad with a capitol B. I left before the last one got up as I had seen enough with 2 others.

4. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    My Senator voted yes. My Rep. voted no. Both republicans.

5. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I think you mean all it takes is a hot head (read: lunatic) with ANY weapon (read: bomb, firearm, knife, vehicle, poison,....) to cause a major problem.

Hillfarm, hotdog, Nock and 2 others like this.
  6. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    This has been the standard excuse most opponents of Constitutional carry have used in other states. Including the FOP. After the fact, there is no data to support their position.

https://www.libertyheadlines.com/no-constitutional-carry-states-grow-no-evidence-increased-crime/

Note the states with the highest percentage of gun violence.

Hillfarm and KY Swamp Beagler like this.
  7. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    And I would place a sizeable bet that those two in your class both passed. The concealed carry course was a joke. If you can get an instructor to be completely honest 95% never had a student fail. If we were to continue the course then we it should have been taken more seriously. Many of the students in the class I took had never fired there weapon prior to the class. And then after a 6 hour classroom course and a couple of hours on the range they were cleared to carry a concealed weapon? The course under the current format was worthless.

aaronc and carnivore like this.
  8. He’s too stupid to think that up, Don Lemon told him some whack job could shoot up a crowd if we “allowed” people to be free so he ran with it. Dumb as an anvil.

Michigander, aaronc and EdLongshanks like this.
  9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I agree the instructor I had made a statement his 8 year old daughter could pass the written part of the test in front of the entire 25 people there. The range work was a joke also. Like you said some had never fired a handgun before in their life and it showed. Some seem to think the bigger the gun the better. I did the range work with a 22 cal 9 shot High Standard revolver. I figured be cheap and not burn up a bunch of expensive ammo to shoot at a target 15 or so foot away. And I watch a couple miss even that close more than one shot.

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Who the heck is this Don Lemon ? Must be one of your hero's you bring his name up quite regular.

drakeshooter likes this.
  11. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Dirty little secret the bad guys don't need this law , they are already carrying..

KYhunter87, Nock and drakeshooter like this.
  12. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Exactly. We've got this now...lunatics. And typically they've been going off in "gun safe" states (or gun safe sanctuaries--cities-- in states with a CCW) where the populace is disarmed and helpless.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  13. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    as long as I am there there is at least one armed citizen.... just sayin..

carnivore and EC like this.
  14. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville

Curious...How many people that have attended and passed a current course are later convicted of crimes or misconduct in the use of their concealed weapon? I doubt it is statistically meaningful. Whether or not they have used a weapon in the past I bet its insignificant.

15. Permits, required training, etc. are nothing more than unconstitutional attempts to deprive people of their 2nd Amendment right. Shall not be infringed is self explanatory.

OLE RASPY, aaronc, barney and 4 others like this.