Yanmar Maintenance Info

Gioacchino

6 pointer
Jan 20, 2016
Kentucky
Just purchased a new to me Yanmar YM165. Guy I bought it from says he has a manual, just can't find it, but he will mail it to me when he does. In the meantime, anyone here have any maintenance experience with one of these? Or a link to a PDF of the service manual? I'm looking for oil filter info, fuel filter, engine oil capacity, hydraulic oil capacity, maintenance tips, etc, etc.

Here's a picture of the machine. Just picked it up so haven't used it much, but seems to be pretty solid. Needs some TLC, but should do the trick on my little piece of property.

Oh yeah, if anyone is in the market for a tractor, I have a Massey Ferguson 35 for sale.

Thanks.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3401.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3401.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 83

Gioacchino

6 pointer
Jan 20, 2016
Kentucky
A google search for “Yanmar YM165 owners manual” returned a lot. Looks like a hard copy owners manual and a digital download service manual for purchase. There’s probably a free one out there somewhere but I don’t have time to search for you.

http://www.southern-global.com/owners-manual-yanmar-ym165

https://sellfy.com/p/Rndp/

Thanks Drake. I saw the manuals for purchase, figured I'd check in with the folks here first to see if anyone has a free copy.

rlb165

12 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
My dad has a Yanmar, they're great little tractors.
You may already know this, but many Yanmar tractors have an almost identical model that is green and says John Deere on the side. If yours is one of those, you can cross-reference to find parts at a JD dealer.

Good luck

Gioacchino

6 pointer
Jan 20, 2016
Kentucky
My dad has a Yanmar, they're great little tractors.
You may already know this, but many Yanmar tractors have an almost identical model that is green and says John Deere on the side. If yours is one of those, you can cross-reference to find parts at a JD dealer.

Good luck

Yep, I believe my YM165 is pretty comparable to a John Deere 650.

Latest posts