X counts

lab

I'm not a people person.
Jul 18, 2003
just past the middle of nowhere
keith meador said:
okay lab, its been a while, any updates? any improvements? did all the good info wreck you scores?

Not at all. I shot Sunday afternoon for practice and managed a 298 with and X count of 43. My dropped points came from knowing that something did not feel right and not having the ability to let down like I needed to. Both times I knew that my anchor did not feel right but I talked my self into shooting them anyway. Why is that so dang hard to do?:D

keith meador

Got the Spotted Fever
Sep 18, 2003
Grindstone Branch, KY, USA.
lab said:
Not at all. I shot Sunday afternoon for practice and managed a 298 with and X count of 43. My dropped points came from knowing that something did not feel right and not having the ability to let down like I needed to. Both times I knew that my anchor did not feel right but I talked my self into shooting them anyway. Why is that so dang hard to do?:D

learning when to let down is tough when you are shooting good. anytime you feel like you need to shoot the shot, or as you describe things just didnt feel right, let down. some folks start the routine over, to include taking the arrow off of the string, but do what feels best for you. that feeling of being anxious at the shoot is tough to overcome, that was a problem i had. the pin would be where it needed to be but the shot was not happening, i felt a little tense....thats when the shot would break and the arrow usually missed. all that effort for nothing, knowing the arrow wouldnt find the mark, but for some reason, i would shoot it anyway....

the true definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again the same way, expecting different results....if it aint working, change it....