WW 2 in HD

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by NonTyp, Nov 20, 2009.

1. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    I have been watching this series on The History Channel and the show is moving. WW 2 has always intrigued me and this show just captures me. I give the show 2 thumbs up.
    To the allied men of WW 2, I can't imagine the fear and peril you went through but I'm glad you did. You faced and sacrificed so much, Thank You All!

2. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Watched it in the hospital last week,great show and heartfelt scenes to say the least,God bless the greatest generation.

3. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    I've been watching it on and off all week, really a great show. It would really behoove some of the younger folks to see what kind of sacrifices have been made in the not-so-distant past(and still today) by others for the freedoms we all enjoy today.......

4. Dev

Dev 10 pointer

Jan 3, 2005
    Den tree in Northern KY
    I watched an episode last night where the Japanese were dive bombing the battle ships. It was unbelievable.

5. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

what about the good ol kentucky boy killin them slimy jap snipers!

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Been watching it all week.

7. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Great show! I've DVR'd all of them. I honestly do believe this was our greatest generation and the greatest time for America. I think I read somewhere that around 2000 WWII vets die everyday. To me, it's no mystery why this country loses more and more of it's greatness with each passing year. Not only because of the WWII vets, but also because people back then worked hard and loved their country. Everyone made sacrifices to make this a better country, now people expect the country to sacrifice to make THEM better. Old values still work.

8. I watched this week as well. Watching it in color vs. black and white made me, for the first time, see those men and women like I see people today. You know what I mean? It was "The Greatest Generation" and God bless 'em!

9. I have watched some of it. I hope to see my pop, I never met him. He was a bomber pilot. He never made it over to japan but his orders were cut and they were headed that way. I also hoped to see my great grand father. He was hit in Italy by a german machine gun 4 times and lived to tell me about it. Im so proud of our service men and women.

10. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I watched it all week. GREAT program just too many commercials. Truly they were the Greatest Generation. We can't even begin to understand the hell these men and women went through. WWII is kinda my thing. I watch all the shows on the history channel and other networks. My favorite Christmas present was Band of Brothers on DVD my wife gave me. I'm currently reading the Band of Brother's book by Stephen Ambrose. I just admire these men and women so much.............

11. Davidlondon4

Davidlondon4 12 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Laurel County
    I lost an uncle in WW II.My father was also in the army during WW II.It wasnt something that my Dad ever really talked about to me before he passed away in 1987.I do recall my Mom saying that she had seen my father watch some old war movies and that many times he would break down and cry.I think he really had some bad memories.I do recall seeing some old pictures of him with some of his war buddies.Cant remember exactly where they were at in the pictures maybe the Philippines.I so remember him telling me once that they were eating breakfast one morning and were attacked and had to just leave everything.I think he may have been in France and in the Philippines during his years of service but I am not positive of that.I would have to agree with others that they may have been our best generation.