WTB New/Used Xbow

Discussion in 'Crossbow Forum' started by Munson, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    In the market for a horizontal bow this year due to elbow surgery so if anyone has one to sale or seen a good deal on one somewhere drop me a line.
    I'd prefer the most compact and quietest one I can get if I gotta buy new.
    Any help or suggestions appreciated bc I'm green as a gord when it comes to xbows.

2. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    They're all loud, and the smaller the bow, the more $$$$.
    I used a Rocky Mountain 405 last year quite a bit. It's a good, cheap crossgun. I just hated packing the big heavy sob.

Munson likes this.
  3. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Even the cheap ones will impress you with the speed and accuracy. Last year was the first time I'd ever fooled with one. Sumbitches should be outlawed really lol

dirtstalker, Munson and 1wildcatfan like this.
  4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    The "quiet" ones are still loud and a $350 xgun will do the same thing a $2000 xgun will do. Had a Mission my boys used until they were big enough to hunt with their compounds, it did fine.

Munson and Meatstick like this.
  5. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    I have one made by Ten Point and it works great. It is a bit loud, but very accurate. OPS supply in Simpsonville has a few new ones in stock last time I was in there.

Munson likes this.
  6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Most are good ones these days so don’t get into the brand name competition. I have a Mission and my old man has a Killer Instinct. I paid way more and not so sure I don’t like his better. LOL. I’d suggest go light. You don’t have to drop a load to get a nice one. It’s a fun weapon.

Munson likes this.
  7. flyingnectar

flyingnectar 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2014
    Metcalfe County
    I listed one Not long ago in the classified section. Fast & accurate and hunted with it one year.