Wrong Place @ The Right Time

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by KnoxCoDeerHunter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. KnoxCoDeerHunter

KnoxCoDeerHunter 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    Knox County
    Well thought id would tell you all how my morning of opening gun season went. Well start off the morning I was running late. Finally got set up just as it broke day light. I had a bad gut feeling that if they was a buck in there he would come in behind me. Because ive been seeing all kinds of scapes and stuff on the ridge running behind me to the strip job. As the morning came to life, Seen about 4-5 does work their way thru the strip and pick around. About 20 mins til 8 I hear something walking down the ridge. Then it stops and hears some leaves being moved around. So I get turned around where I was sitting on the side of the strip and get my gun. I see its a deer, but cant see its head. As it walks toward me, I see antlers, and its a really good buck. So I raise my gun and get busted. So he turns from about 30 yards from me and runs back into the woods back on the ridge and starts blowing. Runs the does and everything off when that happened. So I release my hammer back down. After about 30mins I decide to get up and get out of there.

So this evening Im gonna hunt the ridge top, in a stand with some scent bombs hanging. Hopefully he will return, this evening or in the morning. I would half to say if I would have taken this buck he would have been the biggest one Ive ever killed. So im gonna lay back in there every chance I get. So guys just wish me luck, and ill keep you all posted.

2. KnoxCoDeerHunter

KnoxCoDeerHunter 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    Knox County
    Just a update from this morning. Seen about 6 does and a button buck. But my dad was hunting on the other side of the moutain in a holler. He said he seen prolly the same buck this morning fighting with what look to be a 6pt. So make a long story short, he took aim and missed. So maybe ill still have a chance on this nice buck.