Wrapped up my season

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
So I had been nervous about this upcoming turkey season for a while ever since I got my timing off and had a baby due mid April. Well as time got closer we got a date set for April 19th that our daughter will be born. So that gave me 3 days to hunt for this season, and hunting locations fairly close to home and with cell service. And those 3 days were given my wife didn’t go early.
So opening morning I was fortunate enough to put a longbeard down at 9:15. Got back to the truck by 9:30, and I kid you not before I put the gobbler in the truck the wife calls ready to go to the hospital. Rushed home, did a speedy hack job cleaning turkey and went to hospital for a false alarm haha
Sunday morning birds gobbled good but wouldn’t commit. This morning same deal, gobbled good but wouldn’t cross the holler/property line. So I went on down to another property I can hunt and there stood a gobbler with 2 hens out in the field. So I circled back, parked out of sight and snuck up the woodline and setup on field edge, made a few calls and hens came in with longbeard in tow, brought him right in range and I layed him down. Tagged out! I’ve only tagged out a few times and never this quick. Just not as quick as @Meatstick lol im a very blessed man for such a great season and tomorrow I become a father again.

Bird one I don’t know the weight because was in such a hurry but 10 inch beard, 1.25 inch spurs.

Bird two weighed 25lb 4oz, 10.5 inch fairly thick beard. Had one spur that was a nub like a Jake, other was about 3/4 inch and dull.

Attachments

• 88990D9C-E86A-413C-AF70-34B6D1330FCF.jpeg
    88990D9C-E86A-413C-AF70-34B6D1330FCF.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 39
  • A553974F-C56A-40AA-9DFF-0F96A0A6E3B1.jpeg
    A553974F-C56A-40AA-9DFF-0F96A0A6E3B1.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 40

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
So I had been nervous about this upcoming turkey season for a while ever since I got my timing off and had a baby due mid April. Well as time got closer we got a date set for April 19th that our daughter will be born. So that gave me 3 days to hunt for this season, and hunting locations fairly close to home and with cell service. And those 3 days were given my wife didn’t go early.
So opening morning I was fortunate enough to put a longbeard down at 9:15. Got back to the truck by 9:30, and I kid you not before I put the gobbler in the truck the wife calls ready to go to the hospital. Rushed home, did a speedy hack job cleaning turkey and went to hospital for a false alarm haha
Sunday morning birds gobbled good but wouldn’t commit. This morning same deal, gobbled good but wouldn’t cross the holler/property line. So I went on down to another property I can hunt and there stood a gobbler with 2 hens out in the field. So I circled back, parked out of sight and snuck up the woodline and setup on field edge, made a few calls and hens came in with longbeard in tow, brought him right in range and I layed him down. Tagged out! I’ve only tagged out a few times and never this quick. Just not as quick as @Meatstick lol im a very blessed man for such a great season and tomorrow I become a father again.

Bird one I don’t know the weight because was in such a hurry but 10 inch beard, 1.25 inch spurs.

Bird two weighed 25lb 4oz, 10.5 inch fairly thick beard. Had one spur that was a nub like a Jake, other was about 3/4 inch and dull.
Hell yes!!
I was in the same shape last year myself. My daughter will be one year old this Wednesday the 20th.
I was in the exact same boat exactly a year ago lol. Killed one on the opener, and my 2nd on the 19th. Had my daughter on the 20th. Helluva week

Last edited:

Latest posts