Wow!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by duckrocker, Nov 4, 2012.

1. duckrocker

duckrocker Spike

Dec 16, 2008
    on water or n the woods
    This has been the worst bow season for me. I have hunted every waking minute that ive had. I have been up at 4:30 every weekend for the last 2 months. Im wore slick out with it. Ive used scent control on myself and gear time n time again. Ive used cover scents, hunted the wind and all just to have deer after deer bust me. this is just to put MEAT in the freezer to feed my family. Only to have my friends that also hunt text me and say got 8ptr at 18yrds! I can understand having a hard time trying to kill a monster, but come on! I just need to vent!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. BR1

BR1 8 pointer

Apr 8, 2012
    I think we can all get ourselves physiced out about hunting. I remember years ago when there wasn't any scent cover up or all different types of camo and certainly not as many deer we could go out, do our homework on locating deer and then kill a deer. I know what you're going through, I've been in that same cituation where all my buddies were smokin' big bucks and all I could see were squirrells and birds. Try to relax, go out with the mindset that you're going to just see the woods for what it is and has to offer. Enjoy yourself and maybe something will turn up.

3. scrape

scrape 8 pointer

Jul 24, 2003
    Manchester, ky.
    Are you hunting to low to the ground? I alway keep my clothes and gear in airtight bags with earth scent added. Also, I never try to hunt below 25 feet, if I can go 30 I will lock in there.

4. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    man i hear ya. although i see deer, i cant find one i wanna shoot. so frustrating when i put in more time than anyone else in my woods and everyone who only hunts gun season always kills big bucks.

5. DBLUNG

DBLUNG 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2012
    Benton Ky
    Take a shower.

6. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Hang tough........it's huntin, not killing. Good things come to those who can wait it out...........the rut is on.

7. ljblue

ljblue 6 pointer

Dec 15, 2008
    Shepherdsville
    I know how you feel. Last year I probably passed up 20 deer by now and this year, nothing. It can get frustrating, but I enjoy being outdoors. You can always take the easy way out and shoot one with a rifle :)

8. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    I use Fitzgearld Deer Dander spray on my clothes after using my scent away spray and chew gum for my breath. Haven't had any problems for a while due to it. The Deer Dander spray (to this date) works very well and I had deer down wind of me in Virginia this past Saturday eating acorns. Never got busted. How do I know this.............I used my puffer to go directly down to a deer and they never new that I was there. I need to film this stuff.

9. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Same here.........cloths and all. Cellphone, billfold, car keys all go in a zip lock bag.

10. finelydeerhunting

finelydeerhunting 8 pointer

Nov 7, 2006
    Finley, KY
    All the scent control in the world won't help against a deer's nose. Climb higher. I hunt at 25-30' off the ground, the wind is different at that height.

11. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    This works. I wind check and hunt the wind without question if the wind is not right I do not hunt that stand. If it changes I get up and move. The first doe I killed this year was at 15 yards and had to put my Cigarette down :) All the scent control in the world will not help you if the deer is downwind of you.

12. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    If you are using climbing stand, hunt as high as possible. I hunt 18-20 feet while bow hunting because of the angle. Much higher when gun hunting. If on the ground you have to watch the wind at all times.
    I agree with deadaim. All the scent control in the world will not work on a whitetail's nose. If they are downwind, you will be busted. Try hunting coyotes in the woods up close and personal. You WILL learn to watch the wind.