Wow, no thread about the Sugar Bowl?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Tim T, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    I guess all the $EC apologist want to pretend that beatdown of the Gators by lowly Louisville didn't happen last night.

I would say the future of Louisville football, is pretty bright right now. Take the dominating performance last night and put the team in perspective. Out of 22 starters, 19 will return next year, 16 are sophomores (including Teddy Heisman). Also take into account that the leading rusher from last season (Dominique Brown) and the leading receiver from last season (Michaelee Harris) both missed the entire season due to injuries.

2. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    I will hand it to them. I never dreamed they stood a chance against Florida. Not only did they stand a chance, they pummeled the Gators. It was no where near as close as the final score made it look. I admit, I don't look forward to UK playing them next year. I still say Clowney will get the Heisman next year though.

3. Justsaying

Justsaying 8 pointer

Jun 22, 2012
    NOYB
    Louisville played a good game but the feeling I got from watching the game was Florida had an awful game and if they played again tonight it would have a different outcome. I don't have a dog in the fight, just my observation.

4. 13space82

13space82 6 pointer

Feb 5, 2008
    Paducah, Ky
    L'ville looked real good. I couldn't help but think Florida wasn't up for the game, they looked like they didn't care to me. Either way, good for the Cards.

5. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    Louisville will make a run at the title game next year. Notice I said title game and not title. They don't play any formidable opponents during the regular season and they should start the season in the top 5.

6. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    I will have to hand it to them, they played a heck of a game. I expected there to be a beat down but I figure it was going to be "L" who got the worst of it. The experts saw it the same way going into it. They reported this morning that it was the biggest upset in BCS bowl history. They played a good game but they need to tighten up those chin straps, lol.

7. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I was suprised there wasn't a thread on here myself this morning. You gotta hand it to the Cards, they did it and did so decisively. Wouldn't be at all suprised to seem them in the top 5 next year. It feels funny rooting for them but they are from KY and I'm glad they won.

8. thekentuckykid21

thekentuckykid21 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2012
    Hardin County
    Cards played very well, surprised me and many others!

9. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

You got that right. I hate seeing those helmets come off!

I believe the cards could have hung with any team out there last night.

10. Strut 'N' Buck

Strut 'N' Buck 8 pointer

Apr 16, 2011
    Shepherdsville, KY
    UL should be top 10 if not top 5 next year. They "should" go undefeated with the schedule they have. But due to their weak schedule, another Sugar Bowl or Orange Bowl will be the best chance they have. Staying healthy will be their biggest struggle next year IMO.

But I will admit, I doubted them the whole time. They surprised me along with many others. I admire Coach Strong and what he's doing Louisville. Teddy is a great player to add to that. Should be interesting next year.

Regardless the outcome, I still bleed blue. Go Cats!

11. thekentuckykid21

thekentuckykid21 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2012
    Hardin County
    As a UK fan I have to admit, Strong is a hell of of coach, and Bridgewater can play! He picked apart that Florida defense!

12. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains
    great game for Ul....hopefully the basketball cards can win the championship as well.

13. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    So no one else thinks the uniforms got mixed up?

14. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC

What championship was won? I dont think theres a Sugar Bowl for basketball.

Oh, and hope (and change) is one thing, delivering, as we have all found out, is something else.

15. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    I blame Joker. First game he is on the sideline for Florida and the entire team starts playing like KY