wouldnt budge

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by duckrocker, Jan 19, 2014.

1. duckrocker

duckrocker Spike

Dec 16, 2008
    on water or n the woods
    Called in a coyote yesterday and it set down at 300yrds and would not budge. Im not a seasoned coyote hunter by any means. Any advice on what I could have done?

2. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

I think there are methods to get them to come on in, but I'd would have tried the shot, unless of course if you were using a shotgun then your screwed.

3. Unless you were hunting with a shotgun 300 yards is not a difficult shot on a coyote. It's certainly not a chip shot but not impossible either.

4. Coyote_Commander

Coyote_Commander Spike

Nov 25, 2013
    Manchester, Ky
    Did you try a pup distress?

5. duckrocker

duckrocker Spike

Dec 16, 2008
    on water or n the woods
    I did try pup distress and it just set there. So I took shot with my 243 and missed. The more I think about it I should have been more patient.

6. A.K.A. GROUSEGUNNER

A.K.A. GROUSEGUNNER 8 pointer

Dec 6, 2004
    Me & yote yoda had a similar incident a couple of years ago. We had a pair hung up that wouldn't budge. We tried everything on the foxpro & they wouldn't budge. We moved 100 yds or so to the left somewhat in there direction. I pulled out the howler & went Into some ki yi's & squalls that sounded like a dog being torn to shreds. We had them in shotgun range in about 20 seconds & yote yoda put the hurt on em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Had the same thing happen today. However, mine was hung up way out there. Wish I could have gotten it to come to 300...I'd busted eggs in it.