Would you vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Duster, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Anybody who dodged their way out of Vietnam is ok with me. That conflict was about lining pockets not our freedom. Good for him.

2. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    Just curious, out of the candidates running, who do you wish would have won? Where do you think this country would be now if they had won?

3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    This was like I was a kid in grade school. When Kennedy and Nixon was running in 1960 the teacher held up a picture of each and asked us all who we would vote for. There is something I have never forgotten. Several of them picked Kennedy BECAUSE he "was handsome", "had the best haircut", "was younger", "the best looking one", etc, etc. Not one of those that picked Kennedy said one single thing about his "policy's" or his party platform.

Looks like some have held to that all their life. No wonder they NEVER win a debate on different policy's, they do not understand it.

drakeshooter likes this.
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    What a lot of people don't realize is only about 9%
    They also did all could to make Nixon uncomfortable a flimsy podium extra hot lights just on him so he would sweat like a pig..

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

None of the above is that good enough for you ?

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Nixon was a Pig. LOL But a Pig was smarter than Nixon.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  7. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I agree just pointing out the facts of the debate.

DH13 likes this.
  8. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    You mean you didn't vote??

barney likes this.
  9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I voted as many on here know for Frank Thecat.

10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
  11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yep poor Franks kidneys went out and we had him put down. 17 years of being a buddy it was the hardest thing we have had to do.

barney likes this.
  12. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I have never voted for a democrat an damn Positive I am not going to start now

barney likes this.
  13. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Voting for any true politician is like choosing the lesser of two evils. They will say what needs to be said until they get into office, then they will do what needs to be done to stay in office. You almost have to decide based on a handful of your core beliefs that you think they will hold to and just hold on for the ride. In a sense they all lie to us, but to answer your question, it would depend on if there was a better candidate. They may lie to your face but the other candidates may be worse. So do you not vote at all?? Not sure. I’ve always said, if you don’t vote, keep you mouth shut and don’t complain for the next four years until you can vote...

14. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    I don’t think a person should be judging others if you don’t have the balls to vote for someone. If you don’t vote then you give up the chance to complain so shut up.

drakeshooter and barney like this.
  15. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I feel pretty much the same way with the exception being I feel this way about anyone who would have a desire to run for any position .