Would this worry yal?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mainbeam, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    Call summit . I'm a welder and I wouldn't get it welded again may have negative effect on the structural integrity of the aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FranciscoJ

FranciscoJ 6 pointer

Feb 19, 2010
    Aluminum is a PITA to weld. Even the slightest "higher then recommended" temp and you're toast...

3. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    I would not use anything but a reweld. Sand that area down to get all the paint off of it and take it to someone who can weld alluminum. I can but i dont have a welder. So what damn good am i right? Ha. Anyway i would not chance it man. I would set on the ground untill i got it fixed or use another stand.

4. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    Happened to me when Summit went to those braces. Before that I don't think my other summit even had those braces it just kind of flexed. Anyways, I was climbing a tree and happened to look down and saw the brace was cracked in exactly the same spot as yours. I called em while I was up in the stand..lol. Lady on phone was extremely nice and shipped me the top part out within 3 days. I told her I just needed the top that the bottom was fine. Didn't cost me a dime. I use Summit exclusively now due to API going to China and being bought out by Bass Pro. Summit has great customer service or at least they did. Knock on wood I haven't had to deal with em in a long time. Only complaint I have it peeling paint but I could care less for the most part.