Word of caution

Snareman2

12 pointer
Feb 25, 2007
We lived in an apartment before we bought the farm and built the house. There was a paint crew that asked me to leave my apartment door unlocked so they could use the bathroom. I told them, no there is an Arbys up the road. Pissed me off that they would even try that. This is way before the Methheads, but still a rough bunch, I know they would have been rummaging through our stuff.

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
We lived in an apartment before we bought the farm and built the house. There was a paint crew that asked me to leave my apartment door unlocked so they could use the bathroom. I told them, no there is an Arbys up the road. Pissed me off that they would even try that. This is way before the Methheads, but still a rough bunch, I know they would have been rummaging through our stuff.
That’s a tough one. Nothing I hate to do worse than ask someone to use personal bathroom, but I frequently work far away from arbys or even civilization.

A lot of times it seems I have audience and no where to go. I’ve got creative at times, actually flat out told some of my cooler customers that they had to turn their head, I had to piss.

So to answer your question, I have used a customers bathroom 1 time in 22yrs. Before that I pissed in street or we had porta potties.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I had a bunch of brothers come in and help me frame my house with me. They looked like the roughest bunch of men you could find.
The main man could not read but has built some of the million-dollar homes in Mt Sterling subdivisions.
I had my little tool belt and everything and was ready to go to work . I had drawn out my own home plans, figured my lumber and trusses.
I had everything laying in the yard in order it was to go in the making of my house. I figured all of it myself.
I gave him my paper of how I wanted my house and layout.
I started poking lumber to them on the forklifts on my tractor. The next thing I heard was pop, pop ,pop and a floor appeared.
My house went up so quick , that I didn't have anytime to drive nails. All I was doing was poking lumber to these guys.
At the end of two days we was putting shingles on the roof.
Even though they were a rough looking bunch and would drink one beer during break and smoke a joint at the end of the day, I would trust these guys with anything. All American made. After we got the framing finished, I was done with them and did the rest myself except for the brick work. I would hire this bunch in a heartbeat if I ever need to build again.
Any other work that is done around here is done by me and my son. I hire no one for anything.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
I had a bunch of brothers come in and help me frame my house with me. They looked like the roughest bunch of men you could find.
The main man could not read but has built some of the million-dollar homes in Mt Sterling subdivisions.
I had my little tool belt and everything and was ready to go to work . I had drawn out my own home plans, figured my lumber and trusses.
I had everything laying in the yard in order it was to go in the making of my house. I figured all of it myself.
I gave him my paper of how I wanted my house and layout.
I started poking lumber to them on the forklifts on my tractor. The next thing I heard was pop, pop ,pop and a floor appeared.
My house went up so quick , that I didn't have anytime to drive nails. All I was doing was poking lumber to these guys.
At the end of two days we was putting shingles on the roof.
Even though they were a rough looking bunch and would drink one beer during break and smoke a joint at the end of the day, I would trust these guys with anything. All American made. After we got the framing finished, I was done with them and did the rest myself except for the brick work. I would hire this bunch in a heartbeat if I ever need to build again.
Any other work that is done around here is done by me and my son. I hire no one for anything.
When you say brothers, do you mean brothers? Or do you mean brothers? I only ask because you made a point to say it and maybe it’s a nuance that is germane to the story.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
Screenshot_20220810-153256_LaView.jpg