Woods dog.

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Glendale John, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

Tried deep woods hunting between soy fields this morning with mouth call,H$S call and Dan Tompson. Shotgun work.

Attached Files:

2. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    Looks like a nice one. Way to go !! Details ?

3. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    Nice dead dog , your small game animals thank you kill em all let mother nature sort em out.

4. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

With the weather warmer and not a lot of wind,this past weekend was about perfect for me to get out. After a good Friday night at one farm I thought I'd try another farm about 6 miles off early Saturday. Once there, you have to open a gate and park in between some old field tobacco hanging racks. The big field is soggy so there was a walk of 1/4 mile back to some woods on a knoll where I used to hunt turkey. They logged it 5 years ago and it's not been good since for that. Got up in the woods before light and set up on a huge fallen tree and waited for light. About 7:25 I started calling on an H&S mouth caller rabbit call. Didn't take but couple minutes that yote came through a fence row to my left looking for the bunny. At 30 yards I shot with 00 buck. They say it takes at least 5 pellets to kill one and I'm sure it got that but ran back across fence into a bottom section and collapsed.May try this place nest week, there was a lot of scat and scattered fur. It's an Angus farm and I'm thinking a good population of coyotes are in the area.

5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Good job, and I bet that place is covered up with them.