Woodrow question???

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Head of Many Horns, Sep 19, 2011.

1. New to the woody thing. Been reading a lot and talking with those that I know that have hunted them in the past. Seem to get some mixed signals on a question or two and was just wanting some knowledgable opinions. I have secured a river slough to hunt. Went scouting and in the middle of the day the place seems to hold birds. Actually, all day. First light to dark. I am assuming that this slough is right under their roosting trees. Wanting to set up and hunt the slough, but afraid I might drive the birds out of the area for good. The birds seem to hang close to this area, as I haven't found any adjacent spots that they are flying to to feed during the day. Hunt the slough or try somewhere around the perimeter (other side fo the river)and try to scratch out a few each day? Any opinions welcome.

2. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Hunt it in the mornings only. You might get two or three shoots out of it before they all leave.

Shoot a roost in the afternoon and it will be a one and done deal.

3. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    look for a nearby cornfield or park.