Wood Haven friction pot calls

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Outdoorsman12, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Outdoorsman12

Outdoorsman12 6 pointer

Mar 24, 2018
    Southwest virginia
    Any guys here use woodHaven pot calls?
    My buddy told me they are the best pot calls that money can buy..he has a woodHaven legend glass pot.
    The green one with the hornet on it
    And I have to say it is the sweetest sounding glass pot I have ever ran in my life..already decided to order one of them..the legend slate..the cherry legend crystal and the legend aluminum ..my turkey vest got stolen with 80.00 bucks worth of calls shells and foam decoys..I'm pissed as pissed can be..I have a 90 percent sure guess as to who done it..and if I run into him in the woods with it on....I'm not going to be too civil if you get my drift..the ol lady bought it for me as a gift..she is highly upset over it..

2. hitch

hitch 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2008
    They used to be really good but over time they’ve lost some quality. There are scores of great calls out there. More now than ever before

I’m partial to aluminum surfaces.

3. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I buy the cheapest good calls I can find. I lose too many to put too much in to calls. And to be honest they all probably work.

4. hitch

hitch 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2008
    This is the truth. It’s not the call more so where and when you use it and the bird you’re calling to

5. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    I have a Woodhaven crystal call,but to be honest the Cane Creek Reaper Series glass call sounds better to me and a lot cheaper !

cedar ridge likes this.
  6. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    The Woodhaven crystal sells for $210!! Have a purr pot, not a fan of it at all.

7. kill'n and grill'n

kill'n and grill'n Fawn

Apr 17, 2012
    Madison Co.
    I’ll just stick with my old faithful K&H Ol’Yeller slate

gung likes this.
  8. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Me too. I’ve had the same one for over 20 years. That was my first call. I always pack it along and amazingly haven’t lost it yet.

kill'n and grill'n likes this.
  9. rys40

rys40 8 pointer

Nov 29, 2006
    Lawrenceburg, KY
    I am biased, but I would put my American Chestnut slate, or the cocobolo slate that I have made over the weekend against any production call. As far as crystal, I make a yellow heart crystal that sounds awesome as well.

Attached Files: