Wolf Creek Dam Bank Access

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by KyBeagler, Mar 18, 2012.

1. KyBeagler

KyBeagler Fawn

Nov 28, 2006
    London, Ky
    Is there bank access below the dam? With reasonable expectation of catching white bass? Thanks for any help.

2. jamesw

jamesw 6 pointer

Mar 23, 2011
    seky
    never fished below the dam but there looks to be plenty of bank access. Heck they even have fish cleaning stations. Im gonna go down there and try to catch some cats sometime this summer.

3. Hey buddy I am an avid Fly Fisher and do alot of trout fishing below wolf creek damn. The water is a little high right now you can watch the levels on the corp of engineers website. Usually early morning they only have one or no generators going which can be from 2,000-8,000 cfs of water. By mid-morning or afternoon the generators will be kicked on pushing out around 20,000+ cfs. Which is alot of water a whole lot. But Check out this site I have posted and it should get you to most wadable access points. The Rock House is deep and Slow but could produce some white bass. Never even caught one in there. Had a striper rip off 90ft of fly line and 100 yards of backing before I knew what happened, but I jerked as hard as I could and snapped him off. I never had a chance and instead of losing my $80.00 dollar flyline and a day fishing I did what I had to. Good Luck let me know how you do. http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/lakecumberland.pdf

4. KyBeagler

KyBeagler Fawn

Nov 28, 2006
    London, Ky
    Thanks for the info!