WMA's

Discussion in 'Camping' started by smashdn, Dec 9, 2021.

1. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    If they have a quota deer hunt and the wma is out in the middle of bfe they should carve out a little place to camp. Don't have to be gravel tent pads and bath house and full hook up. Just a designated flat spot you can park a camper or pitch a tent or hang a hammock without green jeans getting bent out of shape.

2. Ruffneck

Ruffneck 6 pointer

They used to let you camp for quota hunts, camped at both Clay and Kleber the weekends of hunts, not sure why it’s no longer allowed

3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Reach out to your local rangers and park managers on that stuff. Many are interested in feedback. Just use of one of the parking lots would even work. I just received a response from my email and spoke to him face to face for nearly an hour last week. We shall see what next year brings.

4. grinder

grinder 10 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    T
    oo dangerous, and too damaging.

5. Little FR

Little FR 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    It would take about two days for some campers to throw a party or fall off a cliff face drunk and the family sue the WMA for not having lights and hand rails etc.

That’s the real issue. Not to mention fire hazard and littering. Littering is bad already on public ground.

If they would at least let you sleep in the parking lots with a hang tag it would be nice though. Can they actually stop you from “changing hunting clothes” for 8 hours in a tent or camper?

6. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 10 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Trash…squatters…bickering…

It is a nice option, but I’m afraid it would be abused.

7. grinder

grinder 10 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Im positive it would get abused, probably turn in to party spots.