Witnessed something bad today

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by KYBH4Life, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Xcal1ber

Xcal1ber 12 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Couple ridges over
    I'm a big dog lover and I can't stand mistreatment of a dog or cat but like mentioned earlier, sometimes you have to show the dog who is alpha because to them its like you all are a pack. BTW, I love Pitbulls, they can be trained just like any other dog.. Some of the best tempered and playful dogs i have seen, have been pitbulls.

2. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    A stick or a boot works just as well, everyone can't afford a collar. There's a big difference between a beating and correction, you can abuse a collar as well.

3. Begs08

Begs08 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2010
    KY
    I've sometimes wondered if one of my neighbors has ever recorded me "correcting" my 1 yr old black lab in the front yard after one of his gone psycho moments. Just waiting for the cops to come rolling up and stuff me in the back seat. He has never responded to a stick or hand whip, just thinks your playing with him. The only form of punishment he responds to is electric shock. Even then, he has a 30 second memory and right back to the old ways. Can't wait until we get to 2.5-3 yrs old and get out of this puppy stage for the most part. Shewww, makes you want to kill him sometimes. Definitely tests my patients.

4. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I happen to be 38 years old smart a$$. And I really don't know what your problem is with me. You've made nothing but disparaging remarks in my posts from day one. If you got a problem with me, spell it out.

5. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    I punt my rooster across the pen every once in a while when I feel like he's getting uppity with me. Keeps me from getting spurred when I turn my back. Of course, someone not knowing why would think I was being cruel.

They're going to faint dead away when I take a 12ga to that bird one of these days when he's crowing at the full moon at 3:00 am and I'm trying to sleep with the windows open.

6. BadDuck

BadDuck 12 pointer

Aug 13, 2007
    Bullitt County
    I dont really know what you're talking about. Never really noticed you until now. If I have made some sort of offensive remark on your posts it would most likely be because you posted something stupid. Just like this thread. If you think a dog getting hit with a stick a few times is "witnessing something bad" then you have lived a very sheltered life and obviously not spent any real time around hunting dogs. Up until this point you werent even on my radar. You are now though. Enjoy.

7. I bet you would have cried yourself to sleep when I kicked a pitbull right in the face with my steel toe size 13 boots...but if you saw the entire event and still got mad id just let the dog rip your throat out and move along

8. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Not if the dog deserved it. I really don't see why you are making a comment such as this towards me. What I witnessed was simply a woman beating a dog to go back into the house rather than grabbing it and leading it in. It just wasn't a pretty picture for me.

9. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    LOL If I remembered how to change it, this would be my new signature line.

10. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Yeah, and I've seen first hand what a best tempered and playful pitbull did to my neighbor and her kid. Took me and another neighbor beating it with baseball bats to get it to let go. 10 minutes later the LEO tells me its OK because he just went down and pet it on the belly. Sorry, Pits were bred for 1 thing only, the margin for error with Pits is too small, and I don't trust any of them.

11. F250Stroke

F250Stroke 10 pointer

Jan 22, 2007
    back in the woods you see
    This is funny.

12. Xcal1ber

Xcal1ber 12 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Couple ridges over
    Sorry for your bad experience, but I am just calling it from my personal experience with the dogs (all 3 of them that I've actually been around in person). I'm not going to deny that there are bad eggs when it comes to them but, I also think that if you raise one from a pup the right way then more than likely they will turn out good.

13. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Have you heard of KYBH4Life's list? Apparently, it's risky to be on it... or something. I think he may have anger management problems.