Wind and rain??? No deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by mathewsxt, Sep 5, 2011.

1. mathewsxt

mathewsxt 6 pointer

Aug 24, 2010
    Hunted the past 2 evenings an haven't seen nothing. Had plenty of pictures and movement before the bad weather. Haven't even had any pictures. Think the weather has kept them on the bed.

2. tyshe17

tyshe17 12 pointer

May 4, 2007
    I saw great movement last night in the off and on drizzle I was hunting. This morning when the rain stopped I had a 2.5 come through and a doe...then the wind got up and nothing more. I think the wind needs to die off before they really get to it again.

3. scsims

scsims 10 pointer

I've been out 3 times with no sightings in the stand. I can't figure out the deer on my place. Good luck.

4. team_rutnstrut

team_rutnstrut Fawn

Aug 14, 2011
    knox county
    Same here with no deer while in stand and no pictures for the past 2 days....its rained very hard here and it has been very windy...Wednesday will b the day to b hunting im my book...!!! G*luck everyone

5. Mepperson

Mepperson 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2005
    Murray, KY
    I saw nothing this evening but had pictures over the last 3 days all after dark and before sunrise.

6. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    they were moving like crazy in marion county this morning. this afternoon i bet wouldve been even better

7. johnky

johnky 8 pointer

Apr 5, 2011
    Loretto ky
    I must be hunting the wrong part of Marion county. First time in the stand was tonight. Didn't see the first deer but did see 2 hens.rain pretty good where i was at the wind was a little stronger up on the ridge. Got 2 cameras out and one of them had a doe on it.check them this past Friday.

8. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    they were up on the ridges this morning and midday. and nope i wasnt near loretto...

9. big bubba t

big bubba t 10 pointer

Sep 4, 2004
    Waltersburg , KY
    I didn't hunt but I took my wife and daughter out for a drive. We made a circle that we had been seeing 15- 25 deer and saw 42 tonight.

10. SPEEDY

SPEEDY Fawn

Jan 28, 2011
    Bumped a doe at 6:00 this morning and never saw anything else. Went out this afternoon and NOTHING. Drizzle all day with a N.E. wind. Been in the blind too much these first two days. Think I will bait and leave it alone until it stops raining, maybe Fri. or Sat. Real new to this so if I wrong someone tell me.

11. top_sgt

top_sgt 6 pointer

Jul 10, 2007
    lexington, ky
    first time hunting was monday afternoon. got in the stand around 3pm. had two does come by around 3:20....took the larger one at 3:25. guess i was in the right place at the right time!!!! hope the rest of my season goes half as well!!!!