Wille Nelson

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I have never been to a concert but If I had one to go to it would be Willies.
I did go to Tombstone Junction when I was younger and Loretta Lyn was there singing with her two daughters.
She is a little tiny gal.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I have never been to a concert but If I had one to go to it would be Willies.
I did go to Tombstone Junction when I was younger and Loretta Lyn was there singing with her two daughters.
She is a little tiny gal.
I adore Loretta Lynn……just a smidge more than I love Dolly. They exemplify what it means to be a strong and successful woman. Not to mention their amazing talent.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
I don't know you guys. I was 13 when he and Waylon were on the radio with "Mama's Don't Let Your Babies be Cowboys". That was some pretty good stuff back in those days! Don't forget the soundtrack to "Electric Horseman" a little later. Or how can you not like "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys"?? LOL! Some good tunes from back in the day!

Oh........and I saw him in '83 at Rupp. He remembered all the words and everything! Ha!

Last edited:

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
I don't know you guys. I was 13 when he and Waylon were on the radio with "Mama's Don't Let Your Babies be Cowboys". That was some pretty good stuff back in those days! Don't forget the soundtrack to "Electric Horseman" a little later. Or how can you not like "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys"?? LOL! Some good tunes from back in the day!

Oh........and I saw him in '83 at Rupp. He remembered all the words and everything! Ha!
I was also there at Rupp in '83. Unlike so many of the acts from the 80's, Willie just stood there & sang.... and he had the entire arena on their feet.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I adore Loretta Lynn……just a smidge more than I love Dolly. They exemplify what it means to be a strong and successful woman. Not to mention their amazing talent.
Always loved them both too. Dolly did bow to some of the wokeness a few years back when people complained about the word “Dixie”. She even changed Dixie Stampede to just The Stampede. Considering how strong and influential she is, I was a bit disappointed. Still, she’s Dolly.

Last edited:

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
I was also there at Rupp in '83. Unlike so many of the acts from the 80's, Willie just stood there & sang.... and he had the entire arena on their feet.
At the end of that concert he hammered "Whiskey River" (if I recall correctly), at which time a GINORMOUS Texas flag unrolled from the top down.

I visited Luckenbach, Texas, not long ago. Lot's of pictures of him and Waylon on the wall in the country store. Awesome place to visit!

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
At the end of that concert he hammered "Whiskey River" (if I recall correctly), at which time a GINORMOUS Texas flag unrolled from the top down.

I visited Luckenbach, Texas, not long ago. Lot's of pictures of him and Waylon on the wall in the country store. Awesome place to visit!
Yep!!!!!! Was there too 5 years ago yesterday!

274483607_10222667149400319_5362908903699495316_n.jpg

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG

That used to be the opening number.