Will Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Duster, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

BigPete…. I take it your a coal miner correct ? If so you have the UMWA to thank for what you got. And all the strikes they went on years ago. I have a Nephew who worked for a couple years in a non Union mines. He got the chance to hire on at a Union one and said that was the best thing ever happen to him. Daylight to dark difference he said. That mines ran out of coal to mine and shut down. He work there 10 years. They offered him a transfer to another Union mines in another state but like a lot he couldn't leave his comfort zone and pack his family up and move.

2. Bubbles

Bubbles 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    Do I hear Obama in the background saying "Everything that you have, you can thank me for that"... or something along those lines? Seems vaguely familiar

EdLongshanks likes this.
  3. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY

Once again, your Incorrect. I am Not a coal Miner, however I worked in the coal industry until Obama and the Democrats war on coal killed the livelihood of many men such as myself.

I am however 100% anti UMWA. The UMWA after 1945 or so became the most corrupt organization in existence, leadership stealing millions from the men working underground to pad their own pockets. Today’s UMWA pension is failing, I expect it to be propped up by taxpayers anytime. Most coal miners wised up and figured out that the UMWA was not their friend, hence the fact that to my knowledge, there are ZERO UMWA mines left in KY.

During the late 90’s through 2010, I dealt with thousands of coal miners, the ONLY union mines I went to that was productive and the men seemed happy was in Alabama.

Union numbers are dwindling, that’s because people have realized they don’t need a hired nanny to take care of them.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    dirtstalker and EdLongshanks like this.
  4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Lots of miners would be working for flickers, shopping at the company store and living in company houses if the UMWA had not stepped in at one time. I see you as making a living off coal maybe not a miner but involved. You can't blame anyone but the big company's for the war on coal, not a war so to speak but cheaper Natural Gas is taking over. They are shutting down the last coal fired power plant in my county. Guess what they are replacing them with....yep Natural Gas fired units. Cheaper to operate and maintain. Going from around 200 workers down to about 35. That company is TVA ever hear of them ?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    grouseguy likes this.
  5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Yep. Nothing would have progressed without your antiquated and inefficient communist teamwork. Nothing. We owe you a great thanks.

6. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    I have never once asked for a raise , I work hard , learn fast and know that can’t isnt in the work place , I’ve earned every raise I’ve ever gotten on work ethic and proof is always in my pudding if that don’t get me a raise I went to where I was appreciated , I can give you numbers for past bosses and bet my life on it all will say I’d take him back in a heart beat Fact .. not saying all unions suck never worked for one but I can tell you I never needed one ( not saying those who worked for them did) but I never seen a union guy that could hold a candle to me working I e had guys at the mines say I wouldn’t do your job stand in the rain and pull a pump , I wouldn’t work out in this cold to fix a pump or change box controls your nuts but they sure say in the truck and watched because I couldn’t do that job with out them present because it was their job we made the same money 35 an hour for mine electricians but they couldn’t do my job in the first place it was control circuits relays , IQ boxes , wireless etc so why should they get paid to watch a job they can’t do because we had the same title electrician LOL.

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

That's call contract work, we had guys come in from outside to work on the units from time to time. Union or not I never ask. Only thing we provided was a overhead crane to help them. Not many guys out there that could run a overhead 90 foot off the floor. In fact I got requested a lot by outside contractors to be their craneman because they trust me. I got paid my regular unit operator rate which was higher than a crane operator made when I work with those contractors. Maybe they just rented me to work with them IDK and paid the company my rate for the hours I put in. And lord knows over the years I put in a lot of hours up in that crane for them, and only smash one guys finger...LOL. I told him I was at the upper limit and if I tried to go any higher the load would drop a foot but he knew better and told me so, so I showed him and smash. The other guys working with him said the craneman warn you so suck it up and get back to work. I really didn't know he had his hand under a 500 lb steel roll. All he had to do was shorten the choker but he was in a hurry.

grouseguy likes this.
  8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    And ever with robots unions are “thriving" or so we've been told.

9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Doing rather well from what I hear. Not all company's have robots