Wife shot stud buck this morning! Help!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by TCam, Nov 7, 2014.

1. allseasonhunter

allseasonhunter 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2010
    i have a track dog who hasnt failed to find a gut shot deer. she is a bloodhound with a hell of a nose. that is a dead deer. but finding blood will be an issue after so far. gut shot deer usually are. what county are you located in. if you need help text or call me at 502 682 4397.

2. slyfly76

slyfly76 6 pointer

Mar 12, 2011
    I'm not gonna sleep all night worried about this deer, I really hope you find him I'll say a prayer for ya!

3. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I'm always worried a gut shot deer will be found by coyotes. Seems they have a way of picking up a gut shot deer. I sure hope you guys find him in good shape.

4. elmucho277

elmucho277 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2009
    northern ky
    Like another said before, I'd hunt the same spot in the morning if the wind is right and enter from the opposite direction from where he ran. Then when you're done you can go looking, as I bet he's within a couple hundred yards of where he was shot. That way, if another hunter stumbles upon it in the morning you'll probably hear the commotion. Only thing is, it'd be tough if you have another shooter show up in the morning!!

5. Hoytman87

Hoytman87 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2013
    Laurel County
    Wow! What a buck I think you all did the right thing should be a very recoverable deer. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your wife!!

6. samjoe

samjoe 6 pointer

Oct 26, 2004
    fisherville ky
    I think your going to find this deer. Can't wait to see pictures. I'm not saying you should go out and get this deer now,but me and mine never have a problem tracking deer after dark. A Coleman lantern at about half throttle shows blood very well. As long as the proper wait time is observed we wil track at night no problem. If I had shot this deer late morning or early afternoon I would be headed out there right now at at 8.30 et. Good luck to y'all.

7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    is that a monster 8 pt? 150-155? showed the pic to my wife and boys. they said good luck on the recovery.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  8. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    That deer didn't go far. I'd be out now looking for it. Power inverter on a 4 wheeler, and a black light.

9. hunting buddy

hunting buddy 12 pointer

Oct 23, 2010
    bg
    I really hope you find this deer so I can see some more photos of him! Good luck!

10. whitetail81

whitetail81 6 pointer

Dec 18, 2010
    Scott County
    Wow what a deer, I think you all have a good chance finding him... Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    Tomorrow morning....you jump it tonight and its over.

12. TCam

TCam 6 pointer

Feb 3, 2013
    Hope we find him! Did I mention she has killed several does and passed on 10 years worth of young bucks waiting for a mature deer to shoot. Good luck everyone! I still have a tag she gonna film with me in the morning then hopefully we can find him. Just found out my relatives are sending some Cajuns to hunt too! Man what a day!

13. buzzbaiter83

buzzbaiter83 10 pointer

Good luck on him. I think you'll find him.

Sent from the holler

14. BucksGalore

BucksGalore Fawn

Aug 25, 2010
    That is definitely a dead deer. Waiting overnight is the smartest thing you can do and will give him time to bed and bleed out. Take your time in the morning and you will find him. Thankfully you were smart enough to back out and ask questions cause if you had looked after the shot he would have jumped and never been seen again or found dead by another hunter. Im betting he didn't go too far and you will have a quick recovery. Best of luck as that is an awesome buck. Please post up tomorrow with pics after the recovery.

15. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Hope y'all find him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk