Wife has cow tag I been too sick to scout Any info on At large area appreciated

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by racsr, Dec 4, 2018.

1. racsr

racsr 10 pointer

May 7, 2009
    morgan county ky
    Would appreciate any suggestions or anyone know where we can gain access to any place at large thanks to all God bless. Rick

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Good luck.

racsr likes this.
  3. racsr

racsr 10 pointer

May 7, 2009
    morgan county ky
    We going to need it. When I was able to go out I loved helping folks find some elk now I am sick I can’t find any help times have changed forsure

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    LMO might work you in after a couple days.

5. racsr

racsr 10 pointer

May 7, 2009
    morgan county ky
    Hurley always will do his best. We will find her one I still have some places to look just hoping to have somebody that has been out in the area give a heads up on a group of cows

6. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I'm seeing plenty cows but all on private property

7. racsr

racsr 10 pointer

May 7, 2009
    morgan county ky
    Sounds about right. If I was able to get out I’m sure i would have located some just have too many health issues this year

8. Flounder59

Flounder59 Fawn

Sep 15, 2014
    My wife has an archery tag and we have been hunting the at large all season and have seen only a handful of cows on public. Since deer season it seems like anything that was on public is now gone.

racsr likes this.
  9. racsr

racsr 10 pointer

May 7, 2009
    morgan county ky
    Well we have a cow tag that just won’t be used I feel horrible about it was looking forward to good meat. Just can’t predicted our health Son was due in to help and is down with the flu reached out to a few others and all have something else going there’s no way physically she and I could do it alone so no hunt. Thanks anyway and our best to all God bless Rick

10. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    My son has a 2nd rifle cow tag also. Hard to get any info on where the elk are these days. I work with some guys from Eastern KY and they always talk about how the people in that area hate the elk and wish someone would come and kill them. Just ask, they say, they, "the locals", will take you right to them on their farm and point them out to you. I tell them, you guys have never had a tag and tried to get permission to kill one of these hated beasts have you? Nope is always their reply. I don't think they are hated nearly as much as people let on. For many, they are the new cash cow, and others, a good food source. Wonder when the bear guiding services will start up?