Why would anyone want to be a police officer at this point

Discussion in 'Politics' started by east_ky_hunter, Apr 20, 2021.

1. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    Why would anyone want to continue that as a profession at this point? If it were me, I'd say let the thugs have it, I'll go pick up pop cans on the side of the road. The criminals are saviors and the officers are criminals. Left is right, down is up.... Good lord, where in the world is this society heading?

I would just stop policing inner cities. Hell, they'll kill each other off in a year or so. Problem solved.

2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I heard a police office Major say a few months ago that guys close to retirement were trying to stick it out to get their retirement. Officers with under 15 years of time with the police force were looking for other jobs. I think you will continue to see a mass exit of police officers from these larger cities. Plus you now have states that are ending qualified immunity for police officers. I can't blame them for leaving. No one in these big cities act like they care about the police. They will regret their decisions one day when they really need the police.

3. raidergson

raidergson 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2010
    Garrard County
    Well, Chaivin was incredibly stupid for doing what he did, knowing that it is no secret that law enforcement is in the spotlight when dealing with certain groups. Because of this, law enforcement will now think twice about certain aspects of certain control measures, but I feel more police will be injured. Since what is good for the goose, the gander as well, it is time for that unknown Capital police shooter to answer for that action.

4. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I think these big cities will implode over the next 6-7 months, crime has already double and tripled in a lot of areas that have "Defunded" or chose the "No Bail" method. I feel a bit sorry for those folks that are doing their best to lead a normal life in an abnormal place because of these "Woke" politico commie bastards, and as usual it will be the poor and working stiffs that take the brunt of what is coming, so, sooner or later people will need to stand up and fight for their right to live peacefully, and throw these cucks in a ditch for the vulture's to pick on.

00noturkey, Carl, Feedman and 4 others like this.
  5. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    I'm betting fear played a bigger role in the conviction than the evidence did....

6. GreenBay Fan

GreenBay Fan Fawn

Dec 15, 2017
    Vine Grove
    I agree 100%. I'm sure some of these jurists had their own self preservation in mind and their family members.

00noturkey and Carl like this.
  7. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Chauvin was 100% responsible for that man's death, imo. You can't keep a knee on somebody's neck like that for nearly 10 minutes. That being said, the politicians weighing in before a verdict have probably opened the door for a mistrial, and will cost taxpayers tons more of $$$ for a retrial. IMO, the bottom line is Chauvin killed George Floyd.

8. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    100%

On a side note. This dude's attorney was high or something. He couldn't even form coherent sentences at times, stuttered, lost track and sounded incompetent as hell. Was he an appointed attorney? I wouldn't hire him to draft my ex wife's living will. Jurors are human. You have to play with their emotions. It's all one big theatrical performance.

9. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    George Floyd killed George Floyd with stupid life decisions...100%. Don't resist arrest. Must be a new radical concept.... obeying the law.

10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Fentanyl killed Floyd. His blood oxygen level was normal, meaning he didn't die from asphyxiation due to the restraint.

11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    George Floyd only had a “medical dosage” level of methamphetamine at the same time. Obviously that played no role in his death.

bigbonner, drakeshooter and barney like this.
  12. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    A loaded speed ball surly wouldn't explode a person's heart?

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Of course not...even with severe arterial blockages.

00noturkey, Carl, bigbonner and 2 others like this.
  14. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Shhhh.

15. These liberal shatholes will start to implode and you’ll see a mass exodus to states and counties that don’t tolerate it, but they’ll bring their liberal, shit-for-brains ideas with them. Beware.

00noturkey, Capttrae, RLWEBB and 7 others like this.