Why no overnight hunting????

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mt Pokt, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    Rhetorical question, of course...

He'd look good on the freezer and on the wall. (2nd one isn't bad either)

Drahts likes this.
  2. Shelby21

Shelby21 Spike

Mar 21, 2019
    Louisville
    Man I had a buck give me almost all nighttime pictures until he slipped up one warm October night completely unexpected as it always is keep at it pile the corn up stay out until the wind is for sure perfect and kill his ass!

3. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    What's interesting is that I have a Boss Buck feeder that is about 40 yards from this scrape. If this were a daylight clip, you might be able to see it in the background. I have a camera on it and the other feeder about 80 yards away. Does and young ones are killing the corn, but neither of these 2 have hit it yet. This split tine and a really good 8 are on the feeders as recently as overnight Friday though.
    [​IMG]

4. Shelby21

Shelby21 Spike

Mar 21, 2019
    Louisville
    I had that issue with feeders before and I switched 2 just dumping on the ground and got more matures 2 come in on camera.

EdLongshanks and rockhousehunter like this.
  5. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    My problem with dumping on the ground is the bluejays find it and tell the turkeys.
    I don't have 8 or 10 turkeys; I had more than 60 of 'em knock out 50# of corn in just 2 days. They would eat for a while, lay in the shade for a while and eat some more, daylight to dark. Was gone before the deer knew it was there!
    I do like the Boss Buck feeders. It took a little while for the deer to warm up to them but once they did, they're hooked.
    These 2 tens aren't even caught passing those cameras. Truth be told, this is the only camera that caught them and I have all the main trails covered. Or so I thought...

6. Buzz151

Buzz151 Spike

Nov 26, 2014

The 2nd one isn't bad,,,, but that 1st one is a HOSS!

7. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    Here's part of my November buck problem... :rolleyes:

8. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Yeah......we always see the best bucks on camera between dusk and 4:00 AM.

9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Cam is too low , it should be a min of 6' off the ground or every buck and doe that walks by will know it's there, and try as you might you will leave scent on it everytime you check it..

10. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    I think location depends on what you want in the photos, right?

I think they've gotten used to me though. I've been swapping the cards on 8 cameras every Sunday since August. This past Sunday I had deer passing the cameras within 15 minutes of pulling the cards and driving off. Besides... there are some funny interactions between the deer and the cameras. More to do with the IR red light than my scent if I had to guess. Even had deer walking by and sniffing a camera within a few hours of moving it to a new location.