Why is this site infected with spam?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Fat Tony, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

Its the only site on the web that I can’t access on my i-phone without getting hijaked to some bogus “congratulations you are a winner” web page. Happens 3-4 times in a row before it will let me in after closing everything. Really annoying.

I’ve deleted the cache over and over and it still happens. Anyone else getting spammed and redirected when trying to access this place? It’s crazy.

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Download the Adblock app and access site through that. Had the same issue until others on here advised me to do it. No issues since.

davers likes this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I thinks it's asinine that I have to download another stupid ap to access this site only. Just my opinion

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I think its why so few are still on here. I took over a year break because of it. (Along with difficulty posting pics.) The adblock site works fine to block the giftcard ad but causes other minor issues.

barney likes this.
  5. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    The owner must be revenue hungry to allow those things. But it is a huge turnoff to have them.

barney likes this.
  6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    They cant make money off that crap can they? Hell i thought it was some kind of virus.

7. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

I honestly don't know, but it doesnt happen with other forums I frequent, so something is wrong.

barney likes this.
  8. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

I have never run into this on any other forum or webpage. There is something about just this one particular site that either actively allows it or passively fails to stop it.

Reason I don’t stop by unless I am on my laptop which is rare on my free time. I’m not downloading anything extra on my phone to swing by a message board without being aggravated.

9. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    I stopped using my phone to access this site because of this very same reason...the constant popups drive me insane.

barney likes this.
  10. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It’s started to pop up on iPad now,can’t use my phone hardly at all

barney likes this.
  11. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    I get it on other forums.

drakeshooter likes this.
  12. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I frequent about five other hunting-related forums and have no issues with them. It wasn’t till the spam crap storm erupted on my phone that I had to get an “ad blocker” app.

On the bright side, I’ve found some other good hunting forums I started enjoying:)

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Not sure what's wrong but I am sure it's Trust Me's fault

14. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    The code used to run this board probably has it hard coded in somewhere. I'm running Firefox on Android with its built-in ad blocker and see no pop-ups. Chrome is unusable without an extra ad blocker running.

15. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I had to get Adblock too but it’s a pain because I can try and pull up adds or sites to look at hunting or fishing equipment for instance and it blocks them from opening too. I just wish this forum would fix the issue. It’s they cannot they need to fire their IT guy. I get this no other forum.