Why does this have to happen now!?

adam tyler

6 pointer
Nov 18, 2010
Cumberland Co.
Been watching 5 bucks all summer, two big shooters and three 2.5-3 year olds, haven't got a picture of any of them in the past two weeks! 3 cameras up around the bean field and no pics! I hope its us the hot weather that has them laid up. Just one more week!!!!

ril7572

Cyber-Hunter
Jul 9, 2003
Ky..
In my area, beanfields seem to be done. Lot's of acorns and persimmons on the ground. My buck pics have gone to almost zero in the past 2 weeks.

NonTyp

12 pointer
Apr 9, 2006
Horntown
My buck pics are almost zero for the past couple weeks. Bean fields are still good here but acorns are on the ground.

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
Same around here, just got in this afternoon, rode around all the evening, saw 3 deer in bean fields.

bassnbuck

Fawn
Nov 12, 2012
I've seen it year after year after year. Those acorns are first priority and I've even had corn lay in the bottom of a homemade trash can feeder from before bow season and they absolutely hammered that old corn in January. Didn't leave a single kernel after food ran out. It happens every year that there's a good acorn crop. It blows my mind cause it happens every single year right before the season opens. August pictures are nothin more than inventory pics unless you have no acorn crop period. About 12 years of trail cam experience and this is an every year occurrence. Just about have to be lucky or have late acorn drop or no acorns to stick those bucks you have on camera!

K9trapper

12 pointer
Dec 7, 2006
There will be a lot of people complaining about the same thing the first few weeks of season. I'm hoping the beans stay hot on my farm, late beans and clear cut woods situation. Worse thing is I'm gonna have to walk around a lot collecting ticks on the other farm, trying to find the best trees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deer4Me

6 pointer
May 8, 2011
Check your acorns and persimmons. I have already found some ripe persimmons, they ripen at different time in different areas. I have some persimmon trees that are less than 1/4 mile apart and they come in at different times, a couple not until the first of October. Find the food source and you'll find the bucks.

BODAB1

Spike
Apr 13, 2012
Acorns both white and red oak, and persimmons still on the trees on our place in Eastern Marion county.

Latest posts