Who's the boss?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wildcat, Mar 28, 2019.

1. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    So you're saying union mines are different than union mills?

2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Oh hey there scooter. This is simple stuff. Not really above any productive human beings pay grade. The question was redundant buddy. I don’t expect you to know what that means. Just know that communist politics is the only thing protecting your silly little “brotherhood.” If the democrat/communist party didn’t exist....neither would communist unions. Unions do not benefit the company, the nation, or the individual (unless your are a helpless Failure that needs to rely on the collective for success). Fact.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  3. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    USS Steel dropped from a high of $182/share to $29/share in just a few months. But that was way back in 2008. What was it that happened in Nov 2008? Wish I could remember. Also dropped the DOW to 9139 (at nearly 26000 now)
    20190330_014405.jpg 20190330_014431.jpg Also what happened in Nov 2016 that would have jumped the same stock from $6 to $39? And the DOW to a record, at the time, of 19000? (at nearly 26000 now)
    20190330_014941.jpg 20190330_014956.jpg But these dang ole stock markets and numbers are so confusing. What does it all mean?

4. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    No

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I will try and explain the difference to you. USS needs a certain type coal to make coke to make steel. They bought their own mines to get that. Once the coal supply of that type dried up the mines were no longer useful and either sold off or shut down as with any company. The mill's got another supply from other mines. Once the supply dries up you go elsewhere simple as that. You can't just steal your neighbors coal. That's why the layoff's seen and other mines picking up the slack.
    And not all Unions are the same even tho some seem to want to lump them all together. I would say USS worked with not only USWA but UMWA also.

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Some of the larger mill's either shut down or changed hands around that time. USS became the largest steel maker for a while in the USA and the stock went up. Other company's, some new players in the game came in bought up the closed mill's, reopen them and USS stock dropped back.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Other mills opened up and that caused USS stock to drop????? WOW, Wall Street need to get in on this and everybody will become millionaires. What other mills opened up while all those CHEAP Chinese imports were flooding the market?????? Looking back they were NOT opening any new ones but CLOSING down.

8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  9. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Seems Trump is helping your union Brothers , why not cut him slack now hes helping

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I don't see Trump helping anyone but himself.

11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Just going by NW Indiana, Three mills in NW Indiana shut down leaving only two that made steel from scratch around that time. Those being USS and Inland. Shortly afterwards those closed mill's reopen under new management and started back up. Simple supply and demand. Nobody expected those closed mills to ever run again so USS stock price went up. I believe they call that speculation on the stock market. Maybe you should have jumped in before the price went thru the roof and sold when it hit the high. You could have made a lot of money.
    I find it funny on the cheap imports...Know who was buying them up ? The mill's that only finish steel because they thought they could turn a fast buck passing them off as steel they made when they didn't even make steel but bought slabs from mill's that did.

12. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Another thing. Unless it's a personal loan those kinds of big money loans are business loans. It that kind of big money a personal net worth is meaningless. The loan does NOT go to Trump himself but Trump's "XYZ Company".

The "XYZ Company" has it's own managers and staff and they alone are responsible ever if it is under Trumps name and Trump is the major stock holder.

ALL business work this way. Small home business start different but the big money is this was. It's common with ALL big money. Ever USS Steel is the same.

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    That’s profound

14. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You just made my case.. Trump is the major stockholder and head of the XYZ company so any decisions fall direct on his shoulders. His name goes on the loan papers. Who did the bankers say they met with Trump in person or a person from his company ? He learn a lot from his daddy how to pull off Mafia type things and not put himself in the direct line of fire, I will give him that.

15. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Lets make it simple...What other president made money out of owning a resort/hotel where meetings were held with world leaders that came. Did any of them charge the government for golf cart rentals, room and board like Trump does ? Seems to me like old Trump is making some money doing that.