Who's been through a divorce after being married 30+ years?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 300winmag, Mar 26, 2020.

1. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Two quotes that help in difficult times:

If a man does his best, what else is there?
    -George S. Patton

If you’re going through hell, keep going.
    -Winston Churchill

Feedman and JR in KY like this.
  2. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    I understood the word to say only sexual immorality can be grounds for divorce.
    And that believers cannot leave unbelievers because they do not know if they can be saved.
    So unbelievers can come and go as they like. If you marry a sinful unrepentant man you cant go until theres evidence of sexual immorality.

And of course theres a guy in the bible that hears this and says "so.... if thats true its better not to marry." Ha.. men.

3. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    Ive known 2 couples that seperated after 30+

4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I always liked, "A man is incomplete until he marries....then he's really finished."

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    The Great Schism,. truthfully and not trying to step on any toes but Catholicism is full of too many man made trappings there is no pope in the Bible there are several verses that argue against a pope like individual, lose your salvation? Nope. And the whole confession thing as far as to priest isn't as God intended either. I dont need a go between to confess. I go straight to God. I could add more , but again I really don't want to step on Catholic toes.
    The Pharisee, Sadducees and others knew the Bible cover to cover. They knew the law and yet still didn't truly understand. It took Jesus to explain it , and so conflicted with what they believed they had him killed , at least that is part of it they could not stand the fact Jesus made them all look bad and under mined their power structure.

That's what many other miss including some pastors miss and yes I have talked to many during my walk. You would be amazed as to how many give conflicting views.

But the true God fearing bible believing ones get it.

There is no debate it's all right there in the Bible. There is no MANS interpretation read the word , but before you read it ask God for understanding of his word he will give it to you if you come to him with a pure heart and open mind.
    You won't need an interpretation or a pastor to explain it.
    If you go into the word God will explain it. Our God still talks to his children but most don't listen. I never read the Bible like it's just a collection of good stories. What better way then straight to the one who wrote it?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Ataulbe1, RLWEBB and Timholt70 like this.
  6. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Not that my opinion matters, but after reading this, I like you.

bowhunter269 and ojibwa62 like this.
  7. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Why even go there with all of that, when you are fully aware that Christians of various denominations are reading your words? Granted, I love to mess with people of different denominations, but only in jest, being that all are Christians. I certainly oppose many things, and staunchly, but I don't attempt to cause additional schisms; plenty of those already exist. And why would I be "amazed", being that I have already done what I have double dog dared you to do? I have been of the same denomination, baptized ever since I was a fairly young child, but such does not keep me from talking to Catholic Priests and leaders of other denominations.

Heck, one of my pervert friends in Florida, a Yankee Catholic fallen away to "non denominational"...:rolleyes: relocated further south to the west coast, and I even contacted the Arch Bishop of an Old Roman Catholic Church, asking him to go bless my friend's new house, which was hilarious, because he didn't want him to do so. The 88 year old priest told me I seemed like a good Baptist, while my friend sounded like a very naughty Catholic, lol. He pegged that right. I even travelled down and attended Mass a few times, surprised that the Arch Bishop was calling out the Pope on something regarding judging. I agreed with the nice Arch Bishop, too, lol.

Point is, if anyone is having difficulty with marriage or anything else, they should seek counsel from the Church. As for the Bible, of course you go there first for guidance, but for you to imply Church counsel is unnecessary is a bunch of crapola, from my perspective, because it often is necessary concerning grievances with others and more. The Bible has passages about that, as you well know. I triple dog dare you! :D

8. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    That's my thought for now, I wouldn't wish this on anyone unless there was a real reason.

Timholt70 likes this.
  9. Timholt70

Timholt70 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    Good word brother..

10. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    I’m only doing it once.

Trapper Delk, xbokilla and barney like this.
  11. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Im of no use. Never been married. Been with the same woman for 12 years now. We arent married, have 2 wonderful kids together.

But i will say this...if you arent happy, or she isnt happy, part ways. No use in being miserable, regardless of time together.

bigbonner, Feedman, barney and 5 others like this.
  12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Heck no. Wasn't worth it. He has her now and IM LOVING LIFE AGAIN WITH A WONDERFUL WOMAN 12 years now.

bigbonner, Feedman, Nock and 3 others like this.
  13. biged57

biged57 Spike

Nov 17, 2013
    Married her in August 1980 the year she graduated she’s stuck with me through thick and thin hell had her long enough now she seems like part of the family

14. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    This is an interesting Thread.
    Gone off the rails occasionally to preach a while.
    Bottom line folks.
    The wimmen ALL want to know "What can you do for me?"
    Men want one thing....
    "Boy, you sure do smell good.."
    You don't agree with this, you a lyin to yerself.
    Been here a long time, seen a lot of wimmen.
    No further comments, go fight it out any way you want to.

15. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    Serious question: What's the point in marriage?

Here goes my "male chauvinistic" rant but it's the truth. Judge me all you want.

There are philosophies that state, love is nothing more than being comfortable. While not explicitly stating it, women want someone to take care of them; it's in their genetics. My experience has been, there is no reciprocation to the caring, after marriage. Just like it's in a man's genetics to pass on his genes. Deep down it's literally nothing more than that. Marriage just doesn't align with those principles.

A woman finds someone that can better provide financially or emotionally; it's usually game over. A man can find someone better in the sack and cooks; it's usually game over. Just even the thought of these two principles ends marriages. A woman thinks she isn't being supported or a man thinks he can chase again.

The only way that marriage will ever work is both must have a deep religious faith.