Who's been through a divorce after being married 30+ years?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 300winmag, Mar 26, 2020.

1. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    [​IMG]

Y'all better watch out.

redjackson, Feedman, barney and 2 others like this.
  2. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    We are born into sin. We all have Adam in our blood. That’s why we have to accept Christ as our Lord and savior and be washed in his blood to remove Adams curse.

RLWEBB, Timholt70 and HuntressOfLight like this.
  3. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Cheating husband dies and makes it to the pearly gates.
    St Peter looks at him and says "You were unfaithful to your wife 28 times. Don't worry, you'll be accepted in -- only you won't get a brand new car like those who were more loyal in their marriage"

Confused the man asks "I get a car though?"

St Peter replies "Of course. Everyone needs a car in heaven to get around. Only you'll be receiving a beat up old Ford Pinto "

Meanwhile the man sees a couple of his old friends receiving their cars.

The first guy had one minor affair during a rough patch in his marriage and was given a nice Toyota Camry. The second guy is granted a brand new Lamborghini for never even thinking about another woman other than his wife.

All of a sudden, inside heaven, the man with the Ford Pinto starts crying. Concerned, his two friends check on him to ask him why he's so sad.

He points to his wife who is riding around on a pair of roller skates.

redjackson, barney, Carl and 2 others like this.
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    LOL my wife is a big knitter, she knits in church on road trips while watching TV it keeps her hands busy, she doesn't even have to look at what she is doing.
    Need to show this to her..

5. I married and divorced 3X between age 25 and 33, no kids, and felt like I’d struck out and would be a lifelong bachelor. Next came 10 years of the good life and a lot of reflecting and growing up. One day I met a nice lady and against my better judgement tied the knot for the 4th time. It didn’t hurt that she wasn’t hurting financially, but that wasn’t my interest. Now in case you didn’t know, the process of getting married for a 4th time after a decade of being single is challenging lol. First off you have to remember every ex’s info. Full name, dob, date you married, date of the decree of dissolution, etc and I honestly could only give them accurate info on the first one lol. Numbers 2 and 3 were in the middle of me living a fairly decadent, hedonistic lifestyle and my criteria for a full time partner weren’t exactly conducive to long term committment. Spur of the moment types and even quicker divorces. To add insult to injury there are only 2 lines provided for prior marriages on the application for a license and I had to staple a sheet of paper with the handwritten vitals for #3 to the application. Embarrassing.

To make a long story short, in the end marriage #4 worked out like the first 3 and wound up with an amicable divorce. I figure I’m the common denominator in all 4 so no sense laying it all on them. Maybe I’ll try it again in a decade in Vegas when I’m in my 60s haha.

To the OP, I’m not much help on marriage but I know a good divorce lawyer. If I had to say anything it would be to work it out by all means if you can after that big of an investment.

aaronc, Feedman, barney and 2 others like this.
  6. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    I've been married twice. First time for 5 years. Second time for 1 year. It just takes time. Each time it took me about a year to fully mentally stop thinking about her etc...

Look at it this way. You've been with the same heifer for 30 years and now you have a whole field to chase.

I realized something during my two. Only you can make you happy. Absolutely 100% never rely on someone else for your happiness. Always keep the ability to let go and not miss a beat.

The pain you're feeling right now is simply the loss of the repitition you had with that person. Same stuff, same crap, every day. We're creatures of habit and we feel secure with repitition. Once you realize that you'll be fine.

Then again maybe 30+ years is different. I don't ever plan on finding out.

7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I know where I'm NOT coming for marital advice.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Ataulbe1, xbokilla, gung and 15 others like this.
  8. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    From a biblical perspective everything possible should be done to salvage a marriage.
    A marriage is covenant between husband and wife (male and female) and God.
    After all resources are used up which to me means but not limited too a good faith based counselor.
    And only then can a marriage be ended.
    I say faith based because most secular counseling could not care less if your marriage survives. Their only care is the check doesn't bounce.

From Worlds point of view marriages are like cars , don't like the one you have trade up to a new one. There are no consequences marriages are disposable.

9. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I dare you to go and interview a minimum of 25 different Christian preachers/priests of various denominations regarding this subject matter. I have interviewed quite a few of them about it.

10. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    This post made me think of this one . Not to joke about 30 years of marriage and divorce.
    My wife and I went to the state fair and one of the first exhibits we stopped at was the breeding bulls. We went up to the first pen and there was a sign attached that said,

THIS BULL MATED 50 TIMES LAST YEAR'

My wife playfully nudged me in the ribs .....Smiled and said, 'He mated 50 times last year.'

We walked to the second pen which had a sign attached that said,

''THIS BULL MATED 150 TIMES LAST YEAR'

My wife gave me a healthy jab and said, 'WOW~~That's more than twice a week! .........You could learn a lot from him.'

We walked to the third pen and it had a sign attached that said,

in capital letters,

'THIS BULL MATED 365 TIMES LAST YEAR'

My wife was so excited that her elbow nearly broke my ribs, and said,

'That's once a day ..You could REALLY learn something from this one.'

I looked at her and said,

'Go over and ask him if it was with the same old cow.'

11. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Preachers are not immune to divorce . I know a few who have divorced and re married.

DH13 and ojibwa62 like this.
  12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I always tell everyone the Pope passes gas, just like everyone else, lol. I am not Catholic...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  13. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    You couldn't get a panel of experts to agree the sky is blue most days.

Why would I interview that many pastors when it's in the Bible,
    Heck most won't even call "sin" sin anymore or at the very least they water it down for fear of hurting feelings and losing church members.
    Many don't even preach the true gospel for the same reason. They think I don't want to convict members of my congregation.

Personally I would rather preach ( if I preached) to a congregation of 5 people true believers rather then just tickle peoples ears and tell them what they want to hear.

14. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Ever heard of the Great Schism? Point is, men have been debating over their own interpretations of God's word, ever since first given, but such should not prevent you from seeking their counsel. I double dog dare you.

15. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Joseph Smith thought he had figured it out. Have a dozen wives and just jump beds when one starts bitchin'.
    The downfall of that theory became evident much later....multiple mother-in-laws.

drakeshooter, redjackson and JR in KY like this.