Whole Wild Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by xbokilla, Oct 28, 2019.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Plucked in spots but peeled out like taking hide off a deer. My old man has some skillz. I realize not as much skin this way but it cleaned up nicely. I soaked in ice water Sun-Weds, bagged and in the freezer now.

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Fried giblets tonight (not the neck yet). Delicious! Saved a few for breakfast in the morning. I salted a little more than I like but honestly probably better than fried chicken livers.

3. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    The thighs and legs are tough so roasting them does not help. I take them and slow cook or pressure cook till tender, then shred them, then fry up the meat till crispy and make tacos or add red sauce and make enchiladas.

bondhu likes this.
  4. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I've deep fried several, birds of the year and spring toms. They were all good deep fried. Anything else I've done with spring birds they are a lil tough. A buddy does parts other than the breast in crock pot super low and slow. That tenders em up good. Wife wanted a spring bird parted and done on the grill once. I warned her, but she wanted to try it. Was fun watching her try to one of the legs! :) Ones I've smoked came out good too.

xbokilla and bondhu like this.