Who Went Out to Eat Tonight in a Restaurant?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by JR in KY, May 22, 2020.

1. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I threaten my SkinnyAss wife that if something ever happens to Her, I am going to marry me one them Fat Messican Wimmen and I can have all the Messican food I want.
    Boy. It was nice to get some food not out of a styrofoam box. Only about 10 people there and we weren't within 30 ft of anyone.
    Walmart's like Black Friday every day, if you want to catch Chinese Virus I recommend Walmart.

2. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Walmart can shut down and would not change my routine any. I don’t go there unless I absolutely have to. Maybe once or twice a year and that is when local shops don’t have shells I need.

bondhu, drakeshooter, barney and 2 others like this.
  3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

LOL. All the same! No joke, look at any menu and you can usually find Enchaladas Rancheras or Enchilada Supremas, two of my go to’s when I can’t decide what I want. I’m a big boy and big eater and they usually feed me. If y’all all ever in Lexington and want Mexican I can tell you a few I’m familiar with that are darn good.

kyoutdoorsman and Meatstick like this.
  4. Bee

Bee 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Pigeon forge _G burg--everytime I go in the OLD MILL RESTAURAUNT , 164 Old Mill Rd in Pgeon Forge it is full of Ky folks , so it must be good. We eat there when in the area.

Jason1977 likes this.
  5. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Looks like you need to pack your own silverware if your eating out anytime soon. I’d go through 2-3 plastic forks in a meal. Im not a very dainty eater.

6. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    Yea me to hate plastic utensils, especially sporks!

Junglekat, barney and Winchester94 like this.
  7. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
  8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well Lexington is restaurant heaven as you all know but for the Mexican places, one close to my house that’s good is El Mariachi Cantina (off Leestown), if you’re shopping, etc...near Nicholasville Rd, El Rancho Tapatio on Burt Rd is good plus it’s right across from Antique and Modern Firearms! I haven’t been there in a few years but Durango’s on Richmond Rd is good. Mi Mexico is good but a little more chain restaurant. Now Jalapeños, a lot of people like it, but my experiences have not been good. Mi Pequena Hacienda at Brannon Crossing is pretty decent. There’s plenty more just listed a few of my favs. Hey if you want fast food Mexican we still have Taco Tico! Nothing like a greasy sancho!

9. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Came back from Cave Run and tried to stop at POP's, place was packed outside and people on both sides of the road waiting........went to Cracker Barrel instead, it wasn't the best and a little slow, but it was good to have a sit down meal away from the house.

kyoutdoorsman and bondhu like this.
  10. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I have been eating next to nothing at all, ever since starting this nasty prednisone for my poison ivy, which has kept all fairly at bay while tremendously curbing my appetite and making me ill to my tummy, among other things. I've dropped down to 94.2, which is perfectly fine, but I love to eat, especially outside and miss eating.

My friend added outside dining at his place, since the restriction lift. He said business really hasn't changed much volume wise, ever since before all the initial restrictions, and that only a quarter of people are wearing masks while seated at every other table, which is perfectly fine by him, of course, being that he has never worn one. He said that there was a slight uptick in sales but attributed such to the Memorial Day holiday, same as with Easter, which is logical.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  11. Tankt

Tankt 6 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    We went out to eat tonight. Had an outstanding ribeye medium rare with baked tater and sauteed mushrooms. It was a very welcomed meal