Who need's one of those high price

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Duster, May 16, 2019.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Spider rig setups when $12 from Rural King and a couple old rod holders from Bass Pro and a little work can make you this. Be nice not to have to lean over to pick up a rod. Now to order two new rod holders from BP, cost $17 a pair.
    [​IMG]

TripleGee, bondhu and Dark Cloud like this.
  2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nothing wrong with that

3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

With a few more Tee's few couplings and some pipe elbows and such you could make it as wide and hold as many rods as you wanted. I had to drill out the hole the BP rod holders fit in just about 1/16 of a inch.
    I need to pick up some couplings for both front and back and a few more things for the lower rear setup.
    Sure beat the heck out of $125+ for a ready made one.

LOL...Just noticed I have the rod holder backwards... :D:rolleyes: But it just spins around.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

[​IMG]

Tomorrow the rear one goes on.

TripleGee, Dark Cloud and bondhu like this.
  5. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Uhu....damndest thing I ever saw? A dodge pulling a boat....
    Maybe just for the pic

6. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Could be an airboat and he's using it to push the truck.

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

LOL Yall just wish you had a truck like that. As the little red sticker in the rear window says....Yours might be fast....But mine can go anywhere. 2003 never touched the major workings, 76,000 miles and still going strong. Does like gas tho.

bondhu likes this.
  8. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I have more miles than that on my fourwheeler.
    Those generic trucks drink the gas and won't pull a greasy string out of a cat's ass.

bondhu likes this.
  9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I bet that old blue Dodge looks a heck of a lot better than your fourwheeler...LMAO

10. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    I'm glad you're proud of your little truck Dud, but I'm certain no one here is jealous of it. Now go take a nap buddy

EdLongshanks and Munson like this.
  11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

KMA.....LOL.

12. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Took me a minute to decipher that one. But I don't think GG would get out of my way long enough (or vice versa). You use more text acronyms than my 10yo daughter.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Just go water swat a duck or two you will feel better in the morning. I bet a park with a pond near you has a few and with some popcorn you may get one close enough to hit..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

14. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Hey Duster, I wonder if you might could conjure up some rod holders out of larger PVC pipe and a jigsaw??? I probably couldn't but a creative mind might. Something to think about. Would like to see pics if you can.

15. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

And why would I want to do that ? If all you come here for is to try and start something just be ready to receive it in return.