Who is out in this weather?

hunter1hall

6 pointer
Dec 5, 2003
Springfield, Kentucky.
Treestand role call. Soaked in Washington co. Saw a turkey and a squirrel thus far. Gotta get better. Despite the weather, it has a good feel to the evening. We shall see. Good luck all.

east_ky_hunter

8 pointer
Aug 29, 2010
East Ky
Went bowhunting this morning. Didn't see anything. Sitting it out this evening. Going to try to hit it everday next week, since I don't have to work.

EKYridgerunner

10 pointer
Sep 13, 2010
Here!
It's amazing that no matter how slow my season is, I always think ... "Today's the day!!"

Went out this morning with exact same mindset. I stayed until noon and only saw one at 1130.

This stand was absolutely on fire last Thursday. The further we get into the season the more I start kicking myself for passing on ones I'll regret.

ggodwin

10 pointer
Nov 16, 2009
Boone County
My season was on fire at the end of October and strong until about 11-7-13. I could see things were not normal. But I was still getting a pig and several good three year olds on camera. But, the doe movement has been off all season. Now, for the last six sits I've seen 1 small buck and a couple doe in the far distance. The only doe I've seen have been over 100 yards and from stands I've never sat in before. All I can figure either there is No food here or they've patterned me and stay away.

Rut-n-Strut

8 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Owen County
My experiences are similar ggodwin. I hunted this week except Friday. Came back today and had a couple good bucks on camera and a small buck mounting a doe. Hoping tonight is the night.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ggodwin

10 pointer
Nov 16, 2009
Boone County
I think my deer started rutting the end of October. Like normal years. All the scrapes I was watching haven't been touched in a long time. I was hoping the "rutting moon" would trigger more action. But, it looks like the opposite is happening.