Who has success in the rain?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Bullet&bow, Sep 29, 2016.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Yep I love a wet morning after it has rained hard the night before.

2. SlowBow

SlowBow Spike

Nov 5, 2015
    Henderson Co., KY
    Arrowed this Big Boy in the piss-pouring rain...out of a stand....in Henderson Co.

3. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I will normally pass on bowhunting in the rain from the aspect of loosing a blood trail. Which many years ago I stuck a decent buck on a rainy October afternoon. Tracking ended up with me on my hands and knees. On the ground you couldn't tell blood from a wet red leaf without running it between you fingers.

I'd loose blood trail then have to go back to last blood and start over. Which probably took me close to 2 hours to find a deer that maybe went 125 yds.

It taught me personally to avoid the rain ... too much risk in loosing one. Which I've also shot feathers for a long time...rain don't mix with that too well either.

Now if I'm gun hunting ... bring on the rain. Nothing I like better than sitting in a blind on a crappy day.

4. 4UK

4UK 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Johnson co Ky
    Biggest Buck Ive taken was on a cool rainy Labor Day evening. He was moving earlier than usual and slipped up .I guess he figured no smart hunter would be out on a evening such as that , glad I was.