White and piebald turkey's

twofeathers

BBBC Members
Nov 14, 2004
paducah, ky
Out this afternoon glassing fields for turkeys and seen about 250 + birds in all.

In one bunch I saw a white hen and a piebald. As this is well off the beaten path I don't think it was a pen raised bird. It was a cool site to watch as they fed about 150 yards away. I sat and watched them for a good 30 mins.

After this I drove to a spot that I have permission to hunt and not 50 yards out was the big boy I am after, just him and 2 other toms.

Anybody else ever seen white or piebald turkey's?

piebald and white turkeys

I Killed one in the 01 season, it wasn't completely white but more of a blond color. I wish I could post a pic but don't know how. I Have a developed 35mm picture but not sure how to get it on here.

Turkeyhunter5

8 pointer
Oct 10, 2004
redneck land
I Have Seen 2 Diffrent Birds And Heard About Another. The One I Heard About Was A Red And White Hen. I Fount A Feather From Her During Deer Season. I Also Seen To White Hens Where I Killed My Last Tom At Last Year. One Had A Beared About 5 Are 6 Inches

creekdawgg

Banned
Dec 5, 2004
Louisville, KY
I thought all white turkeys where domestic and could be shot without tagging them, I never done it as I only have seen 1 it was white and black and it was running through the woods

CPA Hunter

8 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
stuffred4.jpg

CPA Hunter

8 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
Yea man, Perry! There he is above.
We had seen that bird for some time. He weighed 19 pounds, double beard, 1 and 1/8 inch spurs (sharp hooking) and feet like a “wild” turkey – did not have those big thick feet a tame turkey has. Even saw him kick the butt of a larger regular colored turkey. He may look like a barnyard bird, but he was wild as they come and the boss around our area.

You can see his spurs if you look close.

P. Beyer

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Ballard Co
CPA Hunter said:
Yea man, Perry! There he is above.
We had seen that bird for some time. He weighed 19 pounds, double beard, 1 and 1/8 inch spurs (sharp hooking) and feet like a “wild” turkey – did not have those big thick feet a tame turkey has. Even saw him kick the butt of a larger regular colored turkey. He may look like a barnyard bird, but he was wild as they come and the boss around our area.

You can see his spurs if you look close.

Sean, That mount looks Nice:)

Latest posts