Where to sell old blackpowder gun and blackpowder

Payton

6 pointer
Dec 6, 2005
I have an old blackpowder gun that I'm guessing is 100 years old (not sure). It has a cracked stock and I have a full container of Dupont's Superfine FFF Gunpowder in the original container which looks to be in good condition.

Where could I find a buyer for these?

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
I have an old blackpowder gun that I'm guessing is 100 years old (not sure). It has a cracked stock and I have a full container of Dupont's Superfine FFF Gunpowder in the original container which looks to be in good condition.

Post some pics. If you struggle with it I can help you out

Carl

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2003
Western Kentucky

Would you sell just the black powder would you sell just the black powder

Would you sell just the Blackpowder?

Payton

6 pointer
Dec 6, 2005
Here's pics of the gun (notice the cracked stock), black powder, and (lead?) balls that appear to be of different sizes.

IMG_2314.jpg
IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2318.jpg
IMG_2320.jpg

00noturkey

12 pointer
Oct 31, 2011
High Grove
i made gun powder once. apparently it had too much sulfur in it, and some of it boiled out of the ashtray, an burned my moms new kitchen table. i dont think she ever got all the way over that.., and kept an eye on me ever since.. maybe i needed to be spotted.. :rolleyes:

rcb216

12 pointer
Sep 25, 2005
Robertson Co.
The gun above is Belgium made. Has liege proof marks. Per marks was made between 1810-1850 since percussion rifles didn’t hit the scene till 1825-1835 prolly made from them dates up to 1850. It is a smooth bore .38-.40 cal. Shotguns of that size where known to be exhibition type. Made for small game close shots. Some stated they where made for shooting rats etc in barns and houses. One collector has made a $450 offer on the spot. But as for now isn’t for sale. Buddy has it on antlers above fireplace and will prolly stay there. That’s what we know of for now. Still digging

Latest posts