Where to hunt?

N3tT3chMan

Spike
Sep 10, 2009
Louisville
This is my first year hunting and first post to the forum. I picked up a Mathews DXT at the beginning of the yr and have been practicing and im ready to get out there but don't know where to hunt. I'm not sure where im aloud to hunt legally. Does anyone have any tips on where to go around the Louisville area to hunt?

N3tT3chMan

Spike
Sep 10, 2009
Louisville
my fiance's uncle is the one that told me to buy a Mathews he has hunted for quite a while now... I love it... its very smooth and accurate.

racsr

10 pointer
May 7, 2009
morgan county ky
This is my first year hunting and first post to the forum. I picked up a Mathews DXT at the beginning of the yr and have been practicing and im ready to get out there but don't know where to hunt. I'm not sure where im aloud to hunt legally. Does anyone have any tips on where to go around the Louisville area to hunt?
try looking for wmas at fw.ky.gov. check out the maps link they show where the wmas are and have maps of each area.

DT28

6 pointer
Mar 1, 2009
Fairdale, KY

Knob State Forest will probably be your best bet.

JLWHUNTS

Spike
Sep 6, 2009
Taylorsville Lake WMA - Spencer, Anderson, and Nelson Counties. Pretty close to Louisville, but also gets alot of pressure because of that. Should be able to get in deep and find a spot, do it before the quota hunt starts.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
place to hunt

Look at a google satellite map. Find several decent areas near you. drive around and look for property owners working in their yards or feilds. Dress nice be polite and ask permissio. 19 out of 20 will say no, but despite feeling like you're bothering them they will appreciate someone asking because most likely they have had trespassers in the past. Its a bit nerve racking at first but it ended up being a positive experience for me. I have permission to hunt a small 40 acre plot that borders 250 acres of woods that is off limits to hunters, hopefully it will produce.
Leasing at basecampleasing.com is an expensive option.
Public hunting land is challenging, I can see a new hunter getting frustrated.

Latest posts