Where is my coyotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by MRDUKS, Oct 13, 2003.

1. MRDUKS

MRDUKS 6 pointer

Jun 14, 2003
    MIDDLEBURG, KY, USA.
    I have noticed the last 7 TO 8 months I dont have near as many coyote as I used to have. I used to sit on my porch and could here them from 3 different directions now I rarely here them. This is perfecty ok with me [^] . My trusty lab always let me Know she will join in on the serenade and I will go outside and listen . I was going to sk for help killing a few but dont know what to do. the only difference this year is my neighbor has corn behind me and to the side of me would this make a diference. The corn is now cut if someone wanted to try to get a few. I would also like to learn how tried a couple times on my own with no successs. Located in Casey CO.

2. Larry Carter

Larry Carter 8 pointer

Mar 2, 2003
    Crab Orchard, Ky, USA.
    Parvo sometimes thins out local populations for awhile.

3. COUNTRYBOY

COUNTRYBOY 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2003
    Butler Co, KY
    When food becomes alittle scarce, coyotes will move because they are so adaptable. Don't worry,they'll be back, probably as soon as this winter.

A COUNTRYBOY CAN SURVIVE

4. danyllel

danyllel Fawn

Oct 10, 2003
    Sonora, Ky., USA.
    From late spring through early fall coyotes are'nt as vocal as through the winter months;but,usually mid to late October, they start vocalizing again. Either the young adults are yelping; as the're starting out on their own or,the established adults are howling to signal the start of a hunt,the end of hunting or,to find a mate. Odds are you'll be hearing from them again very soon!

5. 8E Duece

8E Duece 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2003
    Mayslick, Ky, USA.
    Ditto to danyllel.Just cause you dont hear em dont mean theyre not there.Theyll get more vocal in cold weather.

DUCKS,DUCKS,DUCKS,is that a......thats a...... TAKE EM!

6. MRDUKS

MRDUKS 6 pointer

Jun 14, 2003
    MIDDLEBURG, KY, USA.
    Y'all was right my coyotes are back they are pretty brave also they was behind the house the other night about 75 yards I have some goats there I almost beleive they was trying to get to them. My lab woke me up and i shined a light in that direction and they ran away yelping.

7. coyotecaller

coyotecaller 6 pointer

Nov 3, 2003
    calhoun, ky.
    nows the time to call young dogs they are ready to come to calling