Where is all the geese

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Where is all the geese? I have only seen one small bunch, only enough to make a half of a V this year
I use to see several bunches V up and usually there is several in old corn fields and ponds but this year they seem to be gone.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Right place at the wrong time. All I have to do to see geese is pick up a bow. Ive seen some flocks with 30-40 several times this year. In the wrong woods.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Where is all the geese? I have only seen one small bunch, only enough to make a half of a V this year
I use to see several bunches V up and usually there is several in old corn fields and ponds but this year they seem to be gone.

Currently classified intelligence.

Regardless, certain weather conditions over the past thirty days caused me concern for them and others. I initiated queries, fetched results and set to additional reading. This was one source, which contains some interesting tidbits here and there.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
My opinion is that it has been too warm up North for them to move, that may be changing now (hope so). We've heard some large flocks flying high and way out of range lately, hope that is a good sign and they begin to come over our place soon. Did have a decent amount on our pond before legal shooting light (how it goes LOL) Monday. Was nice to at least see some here.

Gforcetrivers

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2016
Burkesville
I've shot my fifth Canada today. It was banded and came from Hendersonville TN banded in 2018 and was about two years old at the time. Shot it pass shooting from the neighbors pond. Also had a small flock of mallards land on the river while waiting for the geese to fly over, hit one but couldn't catch up with it floating downstream. Drove down to the next boat ramp hoping to catch it but didn't see it.

Buzzy

8 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
I’ve made the run to Green Bay and back a few times since thanksgiving and one run up to Lansing. Nothing is really frozen north of Columbus/Indianapolis until pretty recently. We got a nice storm around New Years but not enough consistent cold. Morrow, oh ponds were frozen today and some of the creeks but it was 47 today…….

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
Last February when it got real cold. The big lake bays were freezing up... We hunted three days but the geese did not fly? We picked up and had about 50 sitting on the ice a couple hundred yards away,

I used to think all the geese on ponds went to the lake when the ponds froze up but last year made me question that? Back when duck season ended a few weeks before goose we goose hunted a bit. I think its just the last year or three when goose season was extended into Feb again? I think my Canuck experience is out of date.

aceoky

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2003
W KY
Not seeing many ducks, so I think we'll focus mostly on geese; maybe that will get us some ducks...? ;)

Latest posts