Where are they shooting these deer?

quackrstackr

Welcome to Fantasy Island
Staff member
Nov 19, 2003
The Island
OK guys, keep it civil.

Opinions on personal ethics are like elbows and b-holes. Agree to disagree and leave it at that.

It's like arguing about religion. You're probably not going to change anyone's mind and who's to say you are right and they are wrong.

Philpot.... he's not talking about chicken necks....:D

quackrstackr

Welcome to Fantasy Island
Staff member
Nov 19, 2003
The Island
PhilpotHunter said:
You do realize(as a moderator) that you just opened this thread up for possible sexual innuendo right?:D

Only if the gutter minded take it that way......

the thought never crossed mine until you mentioned it...

sometimes there is no subliminal message intended. ;)

Ol T Rex

6 pointer
Oct 24, 2004
Louisville KY
Not trying to pick a fight with Naturelelite, but does everybody here really believe that there is a gap between the spine and lungs????????????????

naturalelite

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2004
NATTYVILLE
I might should have worded it different but i figured everyone would understand what I was talking about. there is an area above the lungs and below the spine that is not a fatal shot. Now the deer might die of complications or infection by this shot but it isn't by any means a lethal or ethical shot.

Ol T Rex

6 pointer
Oct 24, 2004
Louisville KY
If you hit a deer high and don't kill it then you shot above the spine. The lungs but up against the bottom of the spine. Their spine is quite a bit lower than some folks believe. Even more so as it goes forward between the shoulder blades.

naturalelite

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2004
NATTYVILLE
I have to agrue with you here. I do agree that the lungs will be close really close to the spine and the spine will drop lower as it goes toward the shoulders but you can and I have shot between the lungs and the spine. They do not touch so it can be done. Next time you gut a deer you can notice the distance between the two.

ecmbowhunter

Elitist Bowhunter
Feb 17, 2004
at the Elite Level
ok, obviously in my last post you didnt catch the sarcasm in the 1.6/expert thing you say i changed what i was saying so i will leave that one alone, LMBFAO,....also, i never said i was an expert....your trying to convince everybody in your first post that neckshooting deer is the best and fastest way to do it suggested you were an expert...my main issue with it is the fact that there is too great of a chance to wound or cripple the deer ... and yes, it is a huge waste of meat..ever dropped a neck roast in the crock pot for about 8 hours? what about the shoulders? put 'em in a roasting pan with a couple of beers and an onion and let them go about 6 hours at 300 degrees...........sent u a pm:cool:

Latest posts