When to tell the CO

deerhunter1984

6 pointer
Mar 30, 2005
Irvine,Ky
Actually, I didn't post that expecting anything different from you. Experience tells me that people like you love to complain about the situation they are in, the situation around them, and anything they think they cannot effect change on. People that learn from others will read this and the light may come on. Your switch is broken. You see, folks like you come and go. A rant about how bad it is, how the rest of you are wrong and I am right, and a few pokes at the CO isn't new here. Jabbing back and forth on the internet will not take care of your problem. You have argued with at least half the people that have responded...again, no different than others in the past have done.

As for calling the CO, with the exception of one time in the last 38 years, I have not had a problem getting the CO when he was needed. The one time we needed him that he didn't show was not a serious problem, just trespassers fishing. They walked that day, but were nailed the next time they hopped the fence. Fines for all involved, and our fishing hole is clean and tidy again.

"I suggest you try & get in contact with my local CO, odds are...there isn't one, LOCAL. & if you get in contact with him..ask him this question for me, please; "The Daniel Boone National Forest located on Wild Dog Trail, joinging counties Owsley, Lee & Jackson... can you take me there, & show me what county line is where? 'Cause I'm really confused & I don't want to write it down wrong on my License if I harvest a turkey." & let me know how that works out for you as well!"

To this, since when is it the CO's responsibilty to guide you? You are responsible for knowing where you are hunting and tagging your animal accordingly.

You are here to argue your point, continue on.

My whole comment about you contacting my CO had nothing with him guiding me. It goes along with a problem/situation a while back. The guy (CO) didn't know what county was what, where it was & didn't know if we should take a doe or not (with 2 counties being a zone 3 at the time & the other being a zone 4). Last I checked it's their job to know these things, & with him just saying "do what you think is right".. yeah, that doesn't cut it for me. Because what I may have thought right, he could have turned around & said was wrong & then he would claim he knew what county was what.

BooHoo, I give up..you guys win. You got me, you're always right, I'm always wrong. Add a little more to your EGO's. Yeah, that was sarcasm, but I'm done here. Have a nice day!

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Biggest problem I have is calling to report game violators to the 1-800 alert number and not having the local CO respond in any way,shape,or form.As far as I'm concerned he is a known poacher himself and a sorry excuse for a CO.
Deer season I have trespasser/poachers I call,no return call,no show.
Neighbors Gun Hunt deer through February and don't telechek deer,I call NO RESPONSE
Prior to Turkey season,same bunch trespass and poach a Big Tom,I see them and call,I get a phone call from a CO that is 3 counties away 3 hours after the fact.
Yep,CALL and REPORT AWAY,if it's in Pendleton County you might as well make a citizen's arrest,you won't get any help from Mickey Craig.

I call BS on this ive known Mickey for many years and hes not liked much by most hunters because they can get over on him he would give his own mother a ticket if she broke a game law. Ive heard these rumers and bad talk about him for years but ive never had a bad experience with him and he has came or called me back every time ive called him im sure something kept him from calling or coming.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
"Illegal hunters" may have a license just like you and me. So they are not stealing from what belongs to them and all of us already......it's theirs just as much as yours and mine. Their tactics may be questionable but I bet they're licensed.

What do you think a license does for you? Why do we need one? It's not so you can buy one and be free to go on a killing spree of unlimited game. A license is to pay for supporting our sport. We have to set limits on game because they can not sustain continuous over hunting. A license has nothing to do with stealing. It gives you the right to take the number of animals that the law tells us. If you take more than that then you are stealing because the law says you are. You are not allowed all you want just because you buy a license. Is that too hard to understand? Surely you enjoy hunting enough to want to see it protected for all of us and future generations. As long as there are enough hunters that care then maybe you and your greedy neighbors will have enough to hunt but then again maybe they will not. Do you shoot more than the laws says is legal? I think I know the answer but I thought I'd ask.

turk2di

Cyber-Hunter
Feb 25, 2003
evansville, ind
What do you think a license does for you? Why do we need one? It's not so you can buy one and be free to go on a killing spree of unlimited game. A license is to pay for supporting our sport. We have to set limits on game because they can not sustain continuous over hunting. A license has nothing to do with stealing. It gives you the right to take the number of animals that the law tells us. If you take more than that then you are stealing because the law says you are. You are not allowed all you want just because you buy a license. Is that too hard to understand? Surely you enjoy hunting enough to want to see it protected for all of us and future generations. As long as there are enough hunters that care then maybe you and your greedy neighbors will have enough to hunt but then again maybe they will not. Do you shoot more than the laws says is legal? I think I know the answer but I thought I'd ask.
Buddy???? Why do you keep arguing with this guy??????

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
What happened to the original guy that posted the question. I have not seen a response from him on what he did or did not do.

This is what happen to me this past weekend will I was turkey hunting. I was coming in Saturday morning and walking across my parents driveway when I hear 2 shots that sounded like they came from the road that goes past our hay fields. I jump in my truck and go up the road. There sets a vehicle in the road both doors open. A man and young boy standing by the roads edge and another guy comes running out of our neighbors hay field. (our hay fields join). They jump in and speed off. ( They are setting a good example for this young boy, really teaching him how to be a sportsman) I turn around and go home. Sunday, I am up in the woods and I can see the road. I see this same vehicle drive real slow up the road. 3 shots are fired this time. They were shooting in our neighbors hay field again.

I called the CO and left a message. He knows who this individual is that I reported. You can call me a rat/snitch or what ever, I really don't give a damn. This guy knows my truck. He knows that I saw him. I just hope that I see him this weekend. I will gladly give him the opportunity to do something about me calling the CO.

Labrador

8 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
KY
What happened to the original guy that posted the question. I have not seen a response from him on what he did or did not do.

This is what happen to me this past weekend will I was turkey hunting. I was coming in Saturday morning and walking across my parents driveway when I hear 2 shots that sounded like they came from the road that goes past our hay fields. I jump in my truck and go up the road. There sets a vehicle in the road both doors open. A man and young boy standing by the roads edge and another guy comes running out of our neighbors hay field. (our hay fields join). They jump in and speed off. ( They are setting a good example for this young boy, really teaching him how to be a sportsman) I turn around and go home. Sunday, I am up in the woods and I can see the road. I see this same vehicle drive real slow up the road. 3 shots are fired this time. They were shooting in our neighbors hay field again.

I called the CO and left a message. He knows who this individual is that I reported. You can call me a rat/snitch or what ever, I really don't give a damn. This guy knows my truck. He knows that I saw him. I just hope that I see him this weekend. I will gladly give him the opportunity to do something about me calling the CO.

Good for you. Glad someone has the nads to be a rat/snitch.